Ovalrace25

1932 Cadillac 355 Convertible Coupe For Sale

This is a nice car ready to drive like it is right now. An older restoration that looks good. Not a show car.  I could tell you this is a fine car that would be ready for show and shine. I could tell you it is ready for Pebble Beach, but I am not going to do that because it is not that car. This is a driver, and a nice solid great Cadillac like it is . This is the long wheel base chassis that was also used on the V12 cars, so it is a BIG Cadillac! Shows well like it is. Priced quite reasonable and needs to find a new home. I am helping the owner who recently asked me to help with bringing the car back to life after languishing in storage for some time. Just about the 100,000 mark is where he wants to be. But it needs to go. I have it here at my place in Napa Ca. 

Nice car, fairly rare, and looks good. That’s a lot of car for the money.

• Like 1

If I got rid of the Cord and the Ford I could just about swing it. 

Nice car. 

Shawn, Actually, Yes it is. I was just thinking I should check in and see if anyone has asked for info. I have been busy with other things and not checking! Actually have missed a few messages!

HA! I have about 80 now!  -- Only ONE more car I want to add to the excess....  Offy powered Watson Roadster.. Got one?  hehehehe....

HI  does someone know what 1932 cadillac coupe models came with the suicide doors ? all ?

Just had a call from Bill, says he would be open to a reasonable offer. I have the car here with me. He has no room for it. Actually, I could use the space too! Winter is coming, I have a couple cars outside that need to come in.

Another call from Bill. He asked if I kept the numbers for any of the three guys that made an offer that he did not want to accept. Seems that they should call me and talk. 

On 7/7/2019 at 5:36 PM, auburnseeker said:

If I got rid of the Cord and the Ford I could just about swing it. 

Nice car. 

Auburnseeker, that would likely be a good move on your part !

1932 Cadillac V8 tends to be very dependable and solid,

especially when compared to several other makes in that era.

• Like 1

Well I moved the Ford.  Time now to sell the Cord.  I just dug out the paperwork on it Yesterday.  An ad to follow in the near future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Well I moved the Ford.  Time now to sell the Cord.  I just dug out the paperwork on it Yesterday.  An ad to follow in the near future. 

I wish you luck.  Will be interesting to see how well you can do.   I think it was the Hershey car corral (cause I looked to see if RM had it) where I saw a scruffy but usable and complete 810 Phaeton for a very reasonable number.  

Just now, alsancle said:

I saw a scruffy but usable and complete 810 Phaeton for a very reasonable number.  

Without telling me, Melanie went and tried to buy that car for herself--that's her absolute dream car. He told her it sometimes hangs between gears, which finally made her come talk to me about it and I said, "No way!" It may be nothing and it's certainly a solvable problem, but I have enough projects on my plate.

But yes, that phaeton was not a bad car at not a bad price!

17 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

But yes, that phaeton was not a bad car at not a bad price!

The white one?  Do you remember the price?

19 minutes ago, alsancle said:

The white one?  Do you remember the price?

Asking $80, I believe.

Seems to me it was around 78? G.  I did notice a few little rust holes , pin hole size on the bottom of the quarters where the fenders bolt.  I looked undernetah and it was just surface rusty,  but nothing that looked real scary. I did notice some antifreeze laying on top of the head that looked fresh. I didn't get too much more particular than that.  I would say cosmetically that car is close to mine,  with mine being a niotch down from that from some more or less storage damage.  

I wonder how far off my 65G asking price with all the extras, will be from where reality sits.

Seems we posted the same time matt.  Could have been 80 but it seemed like it was a slightly off number. 

Mine might even sell better on the hamb as a vintage hot rod being it has the full dressed Caddy flathead in it. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Asking price was 83k, reasonable for a driver, and the car looked nice from 20 feet, but close inspection showed quite a few issues.  Older so-so restoration, good bit of body work apparent.  Interior OK with some defects, top needed replacement.  Running on electric fuel pump, original pump missing.  Paint so-so, chipping off in places.

Would be a nice driver, although as Matt mentioned, "hanging up in gear" is scary on a Cord.  

My comment to my buddy there was that it would cost the same to me to restore that car as it would cost to restore my solid original standard phaeton.

I have card from dealer if anyone wants phone number, Scott C's Auto Group, www.ScottCAutos.com    

• Like 2

cord is not showing up on the site you mention David, so maybe sold...............

46 minutes ago, trimacar said:

Asking price was 83k, reasonable for a driver, and the car looked nice from 20 feet, but close inspection showed quite a few issues. 

John will probably agree with me and I would be interested in Matt's opinion,  but I find it interesting how Auburn and Cord have gone in two different directions if you compare the 35/36/37 cars.   851/852 speedsters bring 600 to 900k,  while comparable 810/812 Coupes bring 1/4 the money.   The biggest money I have ever seen spent was for a 812 SC Conv Coupe,  and that was only a little over 400k.   One third of the biggest money ever spent on a Speedster.

25 years ago they were the same money.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My first thought was that the 812 convertible coupe isn't as rare, but I don't think that's the case...there are a lot of "phaetons" (really convertible sedans) but not many convertible coupes.

Interesting question, though, had that been a speedster in comparable condition it would have been creeping up the six figure ladder pretty quickly...

1 hour ago, trimacar said:

My first thought was that the 812 convertible coupe isn't as rare, but I don't think that's the case...there are a lot of "phaetons" (really convertible sedans) but not many convertible coupes.

Interesting question, though, had that been a speedster in comparable condition it would have been creeping up the six figure ladder pretty quickly...

There are 36 original blown convertible coupes (and a few after the fact of course).   There are not a lot of total convertible coupes but probably a few more than the 100 or so Speedsters.

There are 5x phaetons and then 3x on top of that Westchesters.