wire color for 1929?

jps

I need to rewire a few things in my car - most of the wire is a hodge-podge of newer incorrect wire, or it is old wire that is so bad it is dangerous (and so dirty I cannot tell what color it once was).  I would like to order a roll or 2 of the right color for 1929.  Both Bob's and Rhode Island Wire sell some but it is not clear what the right color is for 1929.  Does anyone know?  Thanks.

This is the wiring diagram for 1929.  

The wire colors, length, and wire gauge are in the 1929 book of parts.  At least that is how it is with my 1925 Buick.  Most of the wires were black 16 Ga.  That makes it difficult to troubleshoot.  Easier to use a few wires like black with a tan stripe so you can find both ends easier.     Hugh

1941140850_1929BuickWiringdiagram.thumb.JPG.e38199cb3055bffc1067c7127dcc11e6.JPG

• Like 2

You can use all black wires with a small piece of colored shrink tube on either end for identification. I usually replace the generic plastic on connectors with colored shrink tube it makes thing easier when and if they go wrong and it looks better.

I can give you the '28 colors. As Hugh said the specs are in the Parts Book. I only have the '28 book. Compared to the '25 the '28 has more different colors. Looking at the wiring diagram Hugh posted its similar to the '28. Except the wiper, its a vacuum driven one on the '28.