Unknown Roadster c:1910

oldford

I've had this post card for over 30 years and have yet to identify it. On the back, written in pencil is Houpt-Rockwell? I've scoured the Standard Catalog and may have it narrowed to that plus the following: Keystone, Locomobile, or Simplex. Any ideas from the gallery???

roadster.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is a 1910 Berkshire roadster. I couldn't find directly a similar image of the roadster, but uploaded a touring car and a baby tonneau from the same year. You will observe the low hood compared the height of the fenders, the 8 bolt wheels front and 6 bolt wheels rear, the shape of the front and rear wheel hubs, and the shape of the rear spring horn. On the side of the driver's seat some kind of oil (?) pump is mounted, also visible on the touring car. Other details fit in too, as you may notice. Curious is the absence of a hooded dash on the roadster, which was present on 99% of the roadsters at the time. 
By knowing that its was a Berkshire now, I searched the internet. And I found: https://libwww.freelibrary.org/digital/item/29626
The same photo, but filed as a station wagon! Who would ever have found that one...

Berkshire 1910 baby tonneau (CATJ 1909-11 p.125).jpg

Berkshire 1910 model E touring car.jpg

Edited by Ariejan NL (see edit history)
  • Like 1