alsancle

Willys-Knight – Series 66, 66A, 66B

Just got to love those easy restorations...........its gonna take someone a long time and very deep pockets to park that one on the 18th green at Pebble!

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Just got to love those easy restorations...........its gonna take someone very time and deep pockets to park that one on the 18th green at Pebble!

40 years ago that car might have been restored.   The original leather was red,  but I couldn't get a bead on the outside although it may have been black.

I walked past the car and didn’t stop to look as it was drawing too many flies.............it’s too interesting of a car to leave it the way it is, maybe just a canvas interior and quick fluff to drive and use as is? Time will tell.......

On 10/14/2019 at 12:58 PM, edinmass said:

I walked past the car and didn’t stop to look as it was drawing too many flies.............it’s too interesting of a car to leave it the way it is, maybe just a canvas interior and quick fluff to drive and use as is? Time will tell.......

Doubt given rust if there is enough wood structure to support any use focused on just mechanical.  

I had a discussion with a friend on weekend (actually he is in a photo looking at the car) and he mentioned that parts are near unobtainium  (also said in his opinion a quality running/drivable/presentable parts car was likely needed to manage costs) matched to engines being delicate as to connecting ears on the sleeves and anyone not knowing what they are doing busting them with the slightest bit of "sticking"  - exact words were carbon on sleeves tend to swell with any moisture and a novice will quickly do damage. 

36 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Doubt given rust if there is enough wood structure to support any use focused on just mechanical. 

Agreed.  Sadly I think the car is barn art.

• Like 1

agreed that is in tough shape. lots of lower metal work just to keep it alive and imagine needs all new wood

that's for starters................ anyone will be upside down right off the bat.

• Thanks 1

There is an excellent article on the Willys Knight in the CCCA Magazine by Karl Zahm.   It is from the Classic Car 1999 #2 and is available in digital form to Club members on the CCCA website.

Just needs a tune up!

That will buff out.

• Haha 1