Survivor

Survivor 1935/Plymouth Business Coupe

New owner of a pristine 1935 Plymouth business coupe, EVERYTHING is still the way it rolled off the assembly line ( save the gas tank and muffler).

Previous 2nd owner bought the car when he was 20 yo, 

I purchased it off the showroom floor from a Washington state Mazda dealer June 19th, 2019.

I’d love to join this group.

Kind regards,

Jim Arrabito 

Port Townsend , wa.

• Like 2

With that kind of intro,  We really need to see some photos.  We love original cars. 

You are IN or you wouldn't be posting.   Show us some pics my friend.  I have a '35 Dodge survivor to compare.

62118630_329534967941780_8531637068156108800_n.jpg

• Like 1

Yes! You are in the group. Please post some pics as soon as possible. Many of us are in waiting...

I third the motion: pics, pics, pics!

And StillOutThere I love that Dodge!  I have a D2 slantback sedan resurrection in progress.  Just yesterday I received an ebay purchase in the mail: the 1935 Dodge parts book.  It seems that my 36 is an early enough build to contain some DU parts.

Have been very busy and the car has been on blocks for weeks as the brakes get a major overhaul and of course new wheel and axle seals at the same time.  And addinf some a-mkt brake lights so I can enjoy it into the evening.  But I've got a few pics around.

1stDriveb.jpg

62411384_459294828204649_5409164958854283264_n.jpg

0607191953_HDR.jpg

0612191142_HDR.jpg

20190329_143900(1).jpg

0523191201.jpg

• Like 2

I feel like there is an opportunity for me to learn something here.  I see a 35 DB business coupe and not the previously mentioned Plymouth.  I not really an expert on early Plymouth so I'm a bit confused.  I am fairly certain there were differences in 35 between the two marques, just not sure what.  So someone educate me... What am I really looking at here... Besides a beautiful old car?

On 7/7/2019 at 2:25 AM, Survivor said:

I’d love to join this group.

And you have. We love pictures, by the way.

34 minutes ago, vette-kid said:

I feel like there is an opportunity for me to learn something here.  I see a 35 DB business coupe and not the previously mentioned Plymouth.  I not really an expert on early Plymouth so I'm a bit confused.  I am fairly certain there were differences in 35 between the two marques, just not sure what.  So someone educate me... What am I really looking at here... Besides a beautiful old car?

What you actually see is a 1935 Dodge Brothers convertible coupe. The original poster said he has a 1935 Plymouth business coupe. He has not posted after his initial post, so there are no photos of the coupe, yet.

19 hours ago, vette-kid said:

There isn't a GREAT deal of difference between the '35 Plymouth and the '35 Dodge.    Very similar cars.   Google specs for one, then the other and you'll educate yourself.

Sorry I kind of took over the thread.  Wasn't my intent.  Just wanted to see "Survivor's" coupe after his orig. post and compare things myself.  Then other members wanted to see my car.   Survivor, if you are still out there, please post some pics, okay?

I doubt that well ever hear form him again. So many newbies stat posts and never follow them!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, StillOutThere said:

Have been very busy and the car has been on blocks for weeks as the brakes get a major overhaul and of course new wheel and axle seals at the same time.  And addinf some a-mkt brake lights so I can enjoy it into the evening.  But I've got a few pics around.

1stDriveb.jpg

62411384_459294828204649_5409164958854283264_n.jpg

0607191953_HDR.jpg

0612191142_HDR.jpg

20190329_143900(1).jpg

0523191201.jpg

Beautiful car! Thanks for posting the pictures.

• Like 1

Hey, Jim Arrabito (Survivor) : Welcome to AACA forums. Very few of us here bite, so please don't be shy. Pretty safe bet you will make some lifelong friends among us. I am presently in Seattle. Would you like me to take the ferry across and take some pictures for the group if you are unable ?  Do you remember that great Revere Duesenberg that used to sit by the docks off the main drag in Port Townsend 60+ years ago ? Glad you have joined us, hope to hear from you soon.      Your new forum friend,   -   Cadillac Carl 

• Like 1

I see no response from 'Survivor' - but have my own question for StillOut There - or whoever can reply. 

Would it  be possible to provide a 'close up pic' of how the Luggage Rack connects to the bumper brackets of that

beautiful 35 Convertible  ?

I have a 36 Plymouth and a 36 Plymouth luggage rack that was bent in a collision.  Straightening out the rack is possible.

But I wondered what original, accurate brackets look like - and what I'll need to do if and when the rack itself is straightened ?

I also wondered the name and size of the Trunk itself ?  I have a nice trunk that is the same width as the rack, but deeper back.

(I wouldn't know an original Trunk if I saw one.  Mine is called "Dust pruf" if memory serves.)

My hope is to mount my trunk protruding 2" -- then if and when the rack is straight - if I had pics of the original equipment mounting

hardware, (and maybe how 'an original trunk' properly connects to the rack) - then I can mount it all correctly and have a trunk ?? 

Since I'm here asking questions, I also wondered what 'rubber'  people use to mount fender skirts on a 36 Plymouth ?

I tried Steele Rubber, and bought two different types of 'fender skirt edge strip' - neither type was helpful.  I ended up cutting an old

inner tube up - which was the best I could come up with. Does anyone have a good idea - or source - for me to try ?

Thanking You in advance,

Peter

@Survivor came and went like gas in the wind. Last visit to this site was July 2019. That's unfortunate. I would have liked to see pics of the car.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 3:27 PM, C Carl said:

Hey, Jim ...............................Very few of us here bite,...............................

Uh oh. I better set the record straight. Some people take things quite literally :

Hey, Jim, don't let my nonsense scare you. Actually, NONE of us bite. (Er, um at least none that I know of).  🤔.    -    Carl