Sign in to follow this  
happytappy

#6 fuse circuit shorted 89 Maserati tc

89 Tc,  fuse #6 blows immediately,  I have continuity between left leg of fuse socket and body ground which I believe indicates short to ground. Unplugged under hood lamp, chmsl, brake lights, ivanity mirrors still short to ground.

Need to check power mirror wiring between doors and body next. Few questions 

1. Am I correct that I have a short to ground?

2. Is there an online source for a wiring diagram for that circuit so I can find connectors to unhook to isolate short?

3. Does the factory manual have wiring diagrams or is that a separate manual?

4. Is the 1989 manual dark blue?

Any other input would be greatly appreciated. 

Yes the blue manual is for the 89 models. This circuit also includes the speed control and the spare tire bin light. The service manual does have the wiring diagrams but looking at mine, it is one page off for the references to look at each part of the circuit. I would check the spare tire bin light first.

18 hours ago, happytappy said:

89 Tc,  fuse #6 blows immediately,  I have continuity between left leg of fuse socket and body ground which I believe indicates short to ground. Unplugged under hood lamp, chmsl, brake lights, ivanity mirrors still short to ground.

Need to check power mirror wiring between doors and body next. Few questions 

1. Am I correct that I have a short to ground?

2. Is there an online source for a wiring diagram for that circuit so I can find connectors to unhook to isolate short?

3. Does the factory manual have wiring diagrams or is that a separate manual?

4. Is the 1989 manual dark blue?

Any other input would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG_2626.thumb.JPG.e395c792f9fa4a2376a082b2a1048892.JPG

If the fuse blows, you have a short to ground, however, just because your ohm meter shows continuity does not mean a short. Each circuit eventually ends at a ground point. 

So as long as there is one of these circuits still connected, your meter will indicate continuity. I would consider checking stop lamp circuit as this is the most active circuit of all.

My one parts car obviously had this issue at one point. What I found was the wiring INSIDE the passenger door had rubbed through and shorted out the courtesy light. It melted the insulation of the wires all the way up into the dash harness! Luckily I'm using a different car's harness.