RICHELIEUMOTORCAR

1938 Cadillac V16 7 Passenger unrestored original. 28k miles, off the road since 1954.

No action on craigslist for the Fiero so I stuck it on Facebook.  Wow.  Like Chum in the water at a shark convention.  One guy coming to look tomorrow and I had to put 2 others on hold. 11 people inquired in the first 8 hours.   Maybe Craigslist is dieing and facebook is taking over?

One thing I noticed is the ads get really shuffled up on facebook so I can never tell what was just listed , craigslist has the newest on top.  

would love a project like that cad to do myself (I only get someone else to do the work if I don't have the tools myself (or can't afford them)) but tyranny of distance... and storage... and wife approval....

14 minutes ago, mercer09 said:

and wife approval....

one is doomed, if that is necessary.

When I meet a new lady she is introduced to the house I built myself, the dogs and then the cars and it is explained none these things are open to negotiation.    lol  Needless to say i am still single when after a couple months they test the waters to see if I really mean it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mercer09 said:

and wife approval....

I own a few projects I wish my wife rejected for me.  At least one of us would have a brain.

As for this Caddy,  I can think of a lot worse cars to make a long term project.  There is something to be said for starting with a complete unmolested  car.  You can’t do the math because it never makes sense. Ever.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

When I meet a new lady she is introduced to the house I built myself, the dogs and then the cars and it is explained none these things are open to negotiation.   

If she doesn’t immediately take to the dogs then you know pretty quickly.  I can see how a smart women may need some cajoling on the cars.

Thats why i still have the same wife after 45 years , i can buy anything i like , i have my own old car bank account that i run myself so i don't have to ask for one dime when it concerns old cars and parts and we are both happy .The only thing we can't buy is our health but we cannot complain in that matter .

I like the V16 alsoo but such project here in Belgium is to much as you cannot find one screw for such car down  here .Then we don't talk about chromework  that is extremely expensive down here .All the  chrome work goes east down here because of the pollution problems and laws .

• Like 1

So liquidated the Fiero as well.  That was a little harder as most the interest wondered what ti would take to put it on the road.  I guess few understand what Best for parts and hasn't run in atleast 10 years so it's probably seized means.  Anyways, 2nd guy showed up in a Fiero, but his was an 84 and after a good look wasn't sure if the stuff he needed would work.  Totally understandable.  He made me an offer a half hour later when he got home,  but i had already made arrangements for the next guy to look at it.  That guy the 3rd one,  showed up this morning in the exact same 1987 in the same color.  His car needed the front fender, door, Nose panel and lower front spoiler right off the bat as all of his had a hole punched in them.  He said they are hard to find parts cars for that anyone will part with.  I'm thinking to myself,  wow you would be a fool to not take it, especially while they are looking at it they keep noting pieces that are better that theirs.  Anyways I told them 200 and it's yours. They decided to talk about it,  then finally came ot the hosue and told me they would take it.  

But look that's two cars gone.  And these were low value parts cars for more than scrap,  so I saved them and some cars will live on while there is still interest on them.  

Now to go respond to the other 10 people waiting to come look at it.  I could have held out ,  maybe someone would have given me the $250,  but it's gone and I'm shed one more weight. 

• Like 4