1930 Buick Rumble Seat Roadster

Doesn't seem too bad to me. I t's a perfect car to just tidy up and drive it.  You could put a top on it while you are using it.  I don't know about value and yeah a restored car is probably 50 or less for real nice,  but less than half and you will have as much if not more fun,  especially if you want to just bang around in it more than try to collect trophies.

The fact it's pretty much turn key as is and doesn't need any major mechanical rehab is a huge selling point. 

• Like 3

I think that's part of the allure here.  This isn't a car that I would ever have any aspiration to own in a restored state-in this condition however it becomes very appealing. I don't think it's any mystery that there has a been a huge shift in sentiment towards original, honest looking cars.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m not saying it wouldn’t be fun to own. I’m saying it’s overpriced, imo. And I agree survivors are desirable, but the condition of this car speaks of neglect to me. If the seller has 99% of the parts, he would do himself and the car a favor by reinstalling them. I know how hard it can be to get the 1% of the missing parts on a ‘30 Buick. Also, he can't know that the wood is not rotten because he can’t see whats under the body. Given the fact that all the chrome is gone, I find it hard to believe the wood has not deteriorated. Finally, there’s overspray all over the place, so it is doubtful it’s the original paint. 

Edited by Buick64C (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On a second look there is overspray in the engine bay so atleast some paint work has been done.  (I didn't scrutinize it real close as I wasn't a buyer). Maybe it is overpriced but the problem with most old cars is the difference between the top of the bottom end in pricing and the top is usually only 20 to 50 percent of what it will take you to restore it to a Nice car.  That's why you buy them for what they are.  Either unrestored and you are going to leave them that way or restored and let the previous owner take the blood bath in receipts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylormade said:

Not doubting you - my old eyes are going bad - but where are you seeing overspray?  From the pictures, or have you made a personal visit to see the car?

Here’s a few examples. Plus, the engine should be green, not red and I think the dash should be black, not yellow

3D255251-D000-4D7D-A18B-835FFE417C51.jpeg

31F0B805-1C9E-4FBA-BC00-240AF576140C.jpeg

585B013A-5B49-4C4E-B919-ADA54A116169.jpeg

Edited by Buick64C (see edit history)

One has to remember the end goal.  If you are buying it as a restoration project that you are going to do a full concourse restoration on,  then yes it's overpriced as you have another 75 to 100 grand to go.  Now if you want one to beat around in as is,  If they have all the parts not shown,  Then show me another any cheaper.  This may be the only example and compared to a model a roadster in similar shape that they would want 10 grand for and possibly get then that's a different story.  

I can't think of too many open 30's , especially early 30's or late 20's cars that you can drive for even the low teens or even mid to upper teens.  Remember you are talking a mid level car,  not a 4 cylinder Ford.  So you need true comps.  That Chrysler roadster offered might comp,  but it's apart.  

Alot including the value  goes back to the true mechanical condition of this car as well if it's really as good as they say. 

only two concerns I have with these cars- having owned a 30 model 58 coupe...................

the wood, the wood the wood- and the blocks sometimes seep at the firewall......as in thin castings. both problematic. when those two things are good- these cars drive like a dream!