1947 - 1948 Sedanette

B Jake Moran

Looks pretty good to me for a project car.  1st, the bumpers are original (based on photos) and show not even a ding.  This car likely survived all these years without an accident.  The drivers front fender is full of rust, the rockers are, and yes there likely are soft spots in the floor but look at that original interior including carpet.  If I have to buy a project, I like it to be original and complete, as this car is.  

What worries me more is the modern wheel and tire on the right rear.  Is that indicative of a suspension swap?  I hope not because that's a non starter for me. 

I suspect this one goes for $1500 +.   The last few Sedanettes projects I have monitored have sold pretty quickly at asking price. 

Analyze this photo and tell me how much rust this car has.  I see rot not rust by the tail lights,  the decklid of course as well as the Left quarter where fender bolts along the top.  This is the rust that sneaks in from the back so by the time you see it.  It's much much worse.  I call it creep rot. Bumpers aren't necessarily original to a car.  Aluminum painted ones are deifnitely not a bonus either. 

4039S_4.jpg

• Like 1