bad inner tierod symtoms

ptt

While driving the '90 Convertible it started pulling to the left upon braking and when accelerating it pulls to the right like its torque steering excessively. The drivers side tire has begun rubbing the wheelwell liner when braking as if the body is dipping low down enough to make contact at the tires 3oclock position. I have yet to get the frontend up off the ground to wiggle both tires but did get the drivers side wheel off and noticed that the stabilizer bar link looked twisted from top to bottom where it attaches to the strut.  I know I must get it up off the ground to see whats going on but does it sound like inner tietod(s) or a loose steering rack problem to anyone???  Ive looked down behind the engine at the 4 rack mounting bolts and they appear OK.  Thanks.  

On 7/3/2019 at 9:25 PM, ptt said:

While driving the '90 Convertible it started pulling to the left upon braking and when accelerating it pulls to the right like its torque steering excessively. The drivers side tire has begun rubbing the wheelwell liner when braking as if the body is dipping low down enough to make contact at the tires 3oclock position. I have yet to get the frontend up off the ground to wiggle both tires but did get the drivers side wheel off and noticed that the stabilizer bar link looked twisted from top to bottom where it attaches to the strut.  I know I must get it up off the ground to see whats going on but does it sound like inner tietod(s) or a loose steering rack problem to anyone???  Ive looked down behind the engine at the 4 rack mounting bolts and they appear OK.  Thanks.  

That sounds like a bunch of unusual symptoms just for a tie rod end.  This probably isn't your problem. But just to be on the safe side,  take a look under your car for anything similar to this.

cradle_rust.thumb.jpg.aa4d0ddc07fae85e6e56ce3e07404994.jpg

I haven't  been able to get time to get the front end up in the air.  I did get the drivers side front wheel off when it first started the problem.  I grabbed the outer tierod end and it didn't move.  That's when I saw that the stabilizer bar end link looked twisted.  Possible stabilizer bar loose?  The cross member didn't look out of place.  I will get the front end up on a couple of carjacks tomorrow and do a better inspection.