Mscharpp

wanted 1929 REO Continental 16E engine or parts

Just bought a 1929 REO b2 Flying cloud rumble seat coupe and piston is seized, where would I get parts or another engine,? Thanks Mike

Try some Marvel Mystery oil on the seized piston and put some oil on the crank shaft. It will take awhile but it should free up in a couple of weeks.

You can get pistons, rings at Egge. Gasket set through Olson. You can get points, plugs, condenser, rotor and cap through Ben McAdams. I have some

rods and a crank shaft if yours is broken.

Thank you so much, I have had luck before filling crankcase with diesil and marvle in cyls I appreciate the help and tip on getting the gaskets and stuff, this car is awesome and would love to make it rin with original engine. Thanks Mike

20190703_123344.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mscharpp said:

Thank you so much, I have had luck before filling crankcase with diesil and marvle in cyls I appreciate the help and tip on getting the gaskets and stuff, this car is awesome and would love to make it rin with original engine. Thanks Mike

20190703_123344.jpg

Very nice! Definitely worth the effort.

Keep us posted.

I would recommend you join the REO Club of America if you have not already.  There will be many folks that can help you find parts or give helpful advise if you need it. I am club secretary and can get you an application or you can visit the website and join online also I believe.  Very nice car.  I have a mate phaeton with the continental engine.  Not as much power as the REO 6 but moves the car pretty well. Good luck getting it unstuck. Dave

• Like 1

Hi; Mscharpp;

You can communicate with me via my email ron_abee@yahoo.com

Yes, I would say you got a good deal on the car and the wood is in pristine condition. I am so glad to read that you are not going to

hot rod this car. That kills me when I read someone bought a rare car and then they want to butcher it. Yes by all means keep it original and in good condition. 

In looking through the club directory if I read this right you will have some company as far as B2 Mates. I have only seen one at a meet and that was in 2012.

Since your intentions are to join the REO Club of America I have attached a link to the website: https://reoclub.org/

I would suggest to get to know your car as much as possible. As these cars continue to age the parts are harder to find.

When you have the time measure the width where the visor goes. I may have one that fits.

The running boards are easy to make. If I look through some emails I may be able to find the specs. to make them. The trim is available too, and I will send you the link

for that.

Take care,

Ron Abee

ron_abee@yahoo.com

Thanks Ron, I actially have the running boards its 100% complete I may be missing one hub cab, one running board has an aluminum step playe the other does not, it doesnt appear it ever had one, guess ita the passenger side, I build hot rods but its not in my heart to ruin this car, I do believe it is a very rare car , i am 3rd owner which 2nd was just the guy that bought it and sold it to me and didnt do anything with it, I think when he found the motor stuck he got discouraged and put it up for sale, the original owner from new was in process of restoring it and health got the best of him so he sold, I am truly extatic about getting Bonnie up and running , cant waiit to drive her. Thanks Mike

Add a little ATF to the mixture and pull the pan to make sure the piston is not at the bottom of the stroke.  Bought an engine once that the guy said was stuck and it turned out the piston was at the bottom of the stroke and he beat the hell out of it.