auburnseeker

Old car bargains from around the Web

You kidding?  Mom knew everything I did wrong 5 blocks over quicker then I could make up a story

• Like 1

Yeah, you're right.  My mother too.....

On 12/30/2019 at 9:02 PM, Brooklyn Beer said:

I never looked at the hobby as only driving an old car from late April to mid September. What do you do the other half of the year? 

Good question. I drive my Stude all year unless it's raining or snowing. We don't get much snow here so it's usually not a problem to drive it at least once a week....

PICT0028.JPG

• Like 2

Might be a little bit of a deal as you don't get much in a 30s car for 2500.  

I've seen alot worse for twice the money.  Twin sidemounts must be pretty rare on a 36 Dodge. 

Does have some floor rust but doesn't look terrible.  Older rehab on the interior is obvious.  Not sure is paint original?  You could polish it up alot I bet. 

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/d/branford-1936-dodge-d2/7057964577.html

1936 dodge d2 sedan,complete car,needs total restoration.Wiring started,not running.call and leave message,i will return your call asap.

01010_609LJpjyZeO_600x450.jpg

00m0m_PcHSadTSmU_600x450.jpg

00v0v_Y4rn3l5jOU_600x450.jpg

01414_ivdK3N7bxjr_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like a great deal for someone looking for a project -- that new wiring harness alone is worth at least a third of the asking price.

It would be a shame to make it a parts car but boy if someone had a convertible and wanted dual sidemounts and needed many trim pieces, it would be a good one for that.  Still looks good enough to save and turn into a fun summer beater. 

Great, like I need another old Dodge.  I am just not a fan of buying a car that isn't running to some degree. Do like the car.  glad it's 2000k miles away

Edited by Brooklyn Beer (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Those Mopars seem to be quite the bargains.  A rusty Ford the same year would be 2 to 3 times that. 

Does this latest Mopar qualify as a "woodie"?    Gotta love the door panels - lol - yes, looks like dry tinder....

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 1

Though not a 2 door,  I would agree the 4 door is a better car condition wise. 

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

Now this 4 door car really interests me.

You are going to need a bigger garage. 

On 1/28/2020 at 9:08 PM, classiclines said:

Does this latest Mopar qualify as a "woodie"?    Gotta love the door panels - lol - yes, looks like dry tinder....

s-l1600.jpg

They need to install a foosball table in that interior!

• Haha 1

wonderful opportunity to be completely original'

• Like 1

Not my kind of car as far as style but I can really appreciate any clean looking car from this era.  Seems if someone was at all interested in this type of car,  this should be worth looking into. 

• Like 1

1971 Ford Torino | eBay

Seems like a deal at a $7800 Buy It Now price, but who knows what issues it might have. The ad says it's solid, runs good and has a clear title. If those descriptions are true (and the seller's feedback is very good with other vehicles) then it looks promising. Interior looks good, too. Don't know if it's an actual factory muscle car or clone. If you live in the Pacific Northwest and like vintage Fords of this era, you might want to go for an inspection and see what the deal is. Two days left on the bidding so you might have some time.

s-l1600.jpg

For some reason,  non Mustang Fords seem to get little love when compared to other muscle cars.  I have seen several that seem like deals that don't sell.  I guess the market isn't there.  That Cougar I posted seemed like a bargain all day long but didn't sell right away. 

• Like 1

I agree it looks reasonable, but the interior is the weak point - dash skin, steering wheel, and I think incorrect upholstery.  All usable as is but some hit on value.  Torinos do seem good buys compared to the GM counterparts.

• Like 1

We had a ‘73 Torino wagon - worst car I’ve ever been associated with (but I’ve never had a car out or the 80’s).  Maybe the two doors were better... maybe.  The ‘71 has similar interior design and brings back bad memories.  On the other hand, we put 450k+ miles on a ‘73 F100 - clutch at 200k and not too much else - possibly the last one with an oil bath air cleaner.  The ‘71 galaxy coupe was a great car too - but big.  You had to plan ahead so you had enough space to get out when you parked and opened those gigantic doors.

A few thoughts. The '71 Ford Torino brings back some mixed memories for me. I actually wish I had the money, wouldn't mind having one myself (an unusual statement for me about a post WWII car!). One of my many cousins, one I was close to growing up, had a Torino way back when. His dad had been killed several years earlier in a plane crash, so my dad helped a lot with his and his brothers' upbringing. I shared my dad with my cousins. "R" had had a couple of nice fast-back (2+2) Mustangs, including one of the really early ones, and a '69 (as I recall?). The earlier one, was blue with white racing stripes, the '69, white with blue racing stripes. "R" was a bit of a wild youth, and manged to wreck both of those cars a few times, the earlier one (really makes one sick to think about it!) was totaled three times, and somehow put back together. The '69, only got totaled twice. The wrecks were always someone else's fault (uh-HUH), and somehow, in spite of all the tickets he also got, "R" managed to keep his license. Somewhere around '75, "R" (after totaling the '69 for the final time) got a Torino. He loved that car! No racing stripes. Didn't look quite the bad-boy car. But wow did it perform!  I rode with him in it once, going home from a big family gathering. The Santa Cruz mountains between us and home, he drove reasonably well (always wanted me to think he was a good kid, I was a strange kid and already had a model T by then). But just to show me what the car could do. Going up a long steep stretch of mountain highway, we were doing about 50 mph (the speed limit on that dangerous section of highway), and he floored it! Within seconds, we were doing 80 mph! (Uphill!) Then he back off back to the speed limit.

I pretended I wasn't impressed.

• Like 1

Hi Wayne ! I hope your cousin "R" survived his wild youth intact, and settled down to have a wonderful life.    -    Carl 

Hi there C Carl! Yes "R" did survive that wild youth. At about the time of the "ride", he started his own company, spun off from a mutual friend's business in which he had a few differences of opinion, and is still running that company today with the help of his son. I wouldn't say  his personal life is one I could ever be proud of (won't go into details), but he is basically an alright guy, good to deal with business-wise, and I do still see him occasionally. He even played around with antique automobiles for a few years, had a horseless carriage for awhile, as well as one of the very few early T-birds with a Ford factory installed Paxton supercharger (I think he lost that one in his divorce).