auburnseeker

Old car bargains from around the Web

Clear title. I had it registered in TX 45 minutes after delivery which 20 mins of that was the safety inspection and 15 more waiting in line at DMV.    Sub courthouse and DMV is across the street from inspection. Life in a town of 3500 is great. I actually drove the car the to DMV to get it registered.  She asked if that was it in the parking lot as she watched it drive in. If you have insurance it is about all the sheriffs department here cares about.

But no title I would knock it down another 1 k.  Surely a title was issued on that year?

• Like 1

But no title I would knock it down another 1 k.

In my state it would bring it down at least another 2000, and that's optimistic. More likely another 4000, for that car. There are some exceptions to the must-have-title-to license rule around here, but not very many.

A lot of sellers say, "Oh, it's easy to get a title," but don't do it themselves, for some reason....and end up asking half of what the car would bring with a title.

Depends on the state it has paper from.  Could have registration paperwork from another state than it's in.   If it is a registration state,  all you have is a registration card often found in the glove box if the mice didn't eat it up.  That's all you need and is honored in title states when you go to title it.  Now if it has none at all,  or the registration is assigned to someone else then that's a big mess depending on your state.  No paperwork is almost better than messed up paperwork,  especially if the people who technically own the car or it's been assigned to are deceased. 

Like the deed to your house. It proves who the legal owner is, and thus who has the right to sell it.

You don't want me selling either your car or house for you, without your knowledge, and keeping the money.

pink slip.jpg

• Thanks 1