Cut up Hup 20 INTAKE

1937hd45

Butchered  inlet manifolds are common to fit  whatever Carb  replaced the Breeze. Yours is unusual in that you have a Breeze (albeit  a slightly different model which  I think is taller so  modified  manifold accordingly ) No replacement  piece that I am aware of but Phil has patterns to cast a new one -just search manifold on this forum .  I have the  patterns for the exhaust  manifold . My concern would be  that  a new manifold  may not allow use of the Breeze model  you have . A new manifold is obtainable  (just casting expense )  The correct  H3 Breeze  is very (!) hard to find . Took me 4 years (Ebay ) but haven't seen one on there for  7 years -Karl 

Looking at the Breeze carb again I wonder if it would  fit  the original manifold it might not be much taller than the original -Hard to tell .

At the end of your manifold there would have been circular fitting which had a screw in plug  fitting  in it . You screwed the plug  in to draw heated air  into the carb or  removed  it to increase airflow of unheated  air from below (which is what most of us do as restricted and hot air  intake severely  reduces performance-but in  the day  encouraged  combustion  of  the then poor quality gas   ) -Karl 

Correct Breeze carb is about 700-800 bucks.  I think I know where a restored one is for sale, if interested let me know and I'll check.  I also can send you an electronic copy of carb manual, it's 32 pages long!

Very common to see intake manifold cut.  Last 1911 I had was running an OF carb, no mods needed to make it fit....

David  I would have thought  700 to 800  would be cheap  for  a restored Breeze . Stan Howe  probably charged  Phil  and  I over 1/2 that  to restore  each of our carbs a few years ago..(and I don't regret a cent of it) 

Karl