Tap, tap, tap... is this thing on?

Mike Cullen

You are coming through loud and clear! So how is that Glidden going in Florida, seems to me it's on this week. We have been on several Gliddens and have enjoyed them so much, what a great tradition.

We are excited about a couple of tours next year out west. The Estes Park Western National and the Butte Montana Chrome Glidden. Both of these tours will highlight some beautiful western scenery.

VMCCA like most car clubs (except our rodding friends) has to deal with aging membership and many are not used to this great new medium for talking about our clubs and our cars. But I am convinced that eventually, this forum will catch on. I suggest you let your club know about it. I will do my best to post every now and then, there is nothing like a few opinions out there to stir things up a bit. How would you liven up this club, do you have any thoughts about that?

See you on tour soon!

Bill S

Albuquerque, NM

Hey Bill! Finally, Life! ;-)

The president of our chapter is off with several other members for the Glidden Tour. We have a few younger (under 55) members, but it's mostly retirees. There doesn't seem to be much interest in short 1 day trips to shows, flea markets, swap meets, etc. We have 3 or 4 "events" a month, but they are usually displays in the parking lot of retirement homes and places like that. Nothing wrong with that, but it seems to me that if there isn't any free food, the chances of getting a decent turnout are low. We are doing well, only in existance for 3 years and have about 120 members, usually about 40 at the business meetings monthly.

"if you can't drive it, sell it to a museum"

'36 Zephyr

'61 T-Bird

'76 L-82 Vette