NEW 1911 Hupmobile 20 owner

1937hd45

I just made the last payment on a 1911 Hupmobile this afternoon and hope to have it home on Sunday. The Model 20 has been on my want list for over 50 years. First one I followed was the 1910 John Craig had at Hershey in 1969, first year Dad & I went there. Then there was the 1911 Dr. Mead had here in town that could have been mine, but I didn't step up and tell him I was interested until it was sold . I did work on the restoration, and it turned out very well, Bob Nelson was the last owner I knew that had it. I hope the early history on my car can be researched, once I get it home and go through things. I've known David Coco for many years and he said it was a good deal. Is there a list of 1911's & owners out the? I'll be posting photos as soon as I get it home. This car is going to look so nice along side my 1912 T Touring. Bob 

• Like 1

I'm hoping the history on the car can be traced, it was an old restoration, that was taken apart for a second go round any spent its last 30 or more years in a storage building. Hope to get some former owners names. Can't wait to get it home. Bob 

Congratulations a model  20  is  a  fun  car. My  oldest Hupp  is  a Model N  1916.  If  you join  the  Hupp Club  , we  started  in  1970 and  the  members  may  have  information about  your  car.. 

I don't believe there's any official list of Model 20's out there.  The closest would be the HCCA roster, which currently lists about 75 examples of the Model 20.

I believe that there are at least 300 Model 20's extant.  Over the years, I've had a lot of people contact me about having one, or knowing where one is located.  

It's amazing to me how many survived.  My guess is that there wasn't enough metal on one to bother taking it to a World War scrap drive.  The other theory would be debatable, as they were either such a good car that people drove them until they wore out and parked them, or they were not such a good car and they were soon parked and left in a building or a garage.  Would like to think it's the good car one.

Congrats on finally bringing it home!

• Thanks 1

I brought all the loose parts home yesterday, need to get the engine, chassis and body & top, along with the big plywood box that was home fore everything since 1975. It is fun going through stuff. I feel it is safe to say there are no two Model 20 Hupmobiles that are the exact same cars. There are a lot of details that vary, some I really like, others not so much. Of all the model 20's I've seen on the internet this one overall has the most plus features that I like. I haven't started a missing parts list yet, but the headlamp mounting brackets are not there. I washed everything last night, will start organizing things this week. Fun project. Bob 

455906_63bf0dd4dc62_low_res.jpg

• 2 weeks later...