Sign in to follow this  
William Biden

Copper label plate

I don't see a listing for a Chalmers model M in the standard catalog. Did they make trucks ?  They merged with Maxwell right at the end , could it be from that time?

Greg in Canada

On 6/27/2019 at 6:06 PM, JFranklin said:

Google Chalmers model M and see what pops up!

It is a tractor.

On 6/30/2019 at 12:29 AM, JFranklin said:

It is a tractor.

On 6/29/2019 at 11:00 AM, 1912Staver said:

I don't see a listing for a Chalmers model M in the standard catalog. Did they make trucks ?  They merged with Maxwell right at the end , could it be from that time?

Greg in Canada

On 6/30/2019 at 12:29 AM, JFranklin said:

It is a tractor.

On 6/29/2019 at 11:00 AM, 1912Staver said:

Greg in Canada

I looked at some of comments. Thanks to all, First: model m does not show up in the standard  catalog that’s ok. Did they make trucks ?maybe?  Secondly: Did Chalmers make tractor model m maybe?   But I don’t think so..  Yes Allis Chalmers made a model m!! But that’s a different Company. So the Label plate reads;  Chalmers Motor Company  Model M  Car No.  18849  I think it’s off of a car because it Says Car No.   The Key to this whole thing is to Identify the Car No. 18847. If someone has a Chalmers Motor Company Serial No. Book??, that would be Great.  My Question does anyone have or know someone that has a Chalmers serial No Book?? The search or mystery continues..

I looked at comments. Thanks to all, First: Model M doesn’t show up in standard catalog, That’s OK. Did they make trucks? Maybe?  Secondly: Did  Chalmers  make a tractor Model M? Maybe?  But  I don’t think so..  Yes Allis Chalmers made a Model M!! But that’s a different Company. So the Label Plate reads; Chalmers Motor Company  Model M Car No. 18849 I think it’s off a car because it says Car No.  The key to this whole thing is to identify the Car No.  18849. If someone has a Chalmers Motor Serial No. Book??, that would be Great. My Question, does anyone have or know someone that has a Chalmers Serial No Book?? The Search or Mystery continues...

Bill.

Hi All,  Copper Label Plate. Found new Info. Chalmers Motor Company Did make a Model M “30” Touring Car. 4cyl.

Note: Found in the Automobile Catalogs 1903-1915 (3-Top Vol. (p.v.) 5-109) at the New York Public Library. NYPL.org

In researching looks like they made starting in 1909 three different Model 30’s. A five ,four Passenger cars and a three or four- Passenger Roadster.

In 1911 they made a whole slew of the model “30” copy below.

and also in 1913 they made a lot of the Model “30” which is a 30hp engine.

My thoughts now, a lot of cars and which one go’s to the Car No. 18849? Copper Plate. It seems like we need some kind of serial No. Book. And we need experts and owners of Chalmers Motor Cars... Help.. Lol.. Still a Mystery...

Bill.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The MoToR Specification Table book gives serial numbers for Chalmers from 1913 through 1922.  The starting 1913 serial number was 25301, thus your plate must have come from an earlier vehicle.
Incidentally, I have an extra copy of this excellent reference book which has minor silver fish damage.  In addition to the serial number info it provides voluminous specifications for 1918 thru 1924 American cars , and I will offer it for $20, including stateside postage.  PM me if interested.