Railroad Museum in Bellevue Ohio

Visited the Mad River & NKP Railroad Museum today: https://www.madrivermuseum.org/ it is worth the trip. Lots of engines and rolling stock to climb onto and explore. Along with Stations and REA displays. Located in Bellevue Ohio a stones throw south of Historic US 20.

btm1.jpg

btm4.jpg

btm5.jpg

btm7.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Marty Roth said:

Is that "BIG BOY"?

The Union Pacific "Big Boys" were quite a bit bigger. I just searched for "Nickel Plate Line 757" (based on the lettering and numbers in the photos). It is apparently a 2-8-4 Berkshire class locomotive built in 1944.

I do like the photos of a period car adjacent to an old steam locomotive. I was given a wonderful "hour at the throttle" gift a number of years back where I got up close and personal with Southern Pacific 2472  and was able to get a similar photo that I included in a little video.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is a running "Big Boy" in the Cheyene, Wy. yard.

It is a 4-8-8-4 and with it's tender,  as long as a train, so to speak

She is # 4014 and fully operational.

Her sister, #4004 is on static display in Holiday park in Cheyene.

Mike in Colorado

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

My dad was a steam mechanic/machinist at the Nickle Plate shop in Frankfort Indiana.    The engine shown is the NKP "700" series Berkshire.   He switched to diesels around 1959 then worked at the shop in Indianapolis and retired while working at the Calumet Ill shop.     I would love to visit the Bellevue museum.   I have a few NKP items.   One is a cloth bag with a draw string and says "return to Lima shop"

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 9:28 PM, Barney Eaton said:

My dad was a steam mechanic/machinist at the Nickle Plate shop in Frankfort Indiana.    The engine shown is the NKP "700" series Berkshire.   He switched to diesels around 1959 then worked at the shop in Indianapolis and retired while working at the Calumet Ill shop.     I would love to visit the Bellevue museum.   I have a few NKP items.   One is a cloth bag with a draw string and says "return to Lima shop"

It is a very nice museum. They are having an event in September and are going to have 2 Berkshires on display.