35 Buick 40 series motor mount replacement

Buick35

So, Buick 35 and Mark... I have the new mounts and am looking for the best procedure to replace them on my 1940 Buick Super. Mark...I am going to be safe... and  am going to use a hoist, but my question is " what is the best procedure to do this?" Can the mounts be replaced by lifting the engine a couple of inches? Does the transmission housing need to be disconnected?? The 1940 Buick Shop manual reference ( under Engine Removal and Installation ( Pg 6-22)) that if you loosen the mountings from the frame "a complete realignment with the rear axal will then be required when the engine is reinstalled."  Is this necessary if we just lift the engin several inches verses an entire engine removal??

Ive been serching to find a recommended "best-practice" process to do this, but have not found it in the forum or the amitenance and repair manuals.

John Adams

Huntsville, Alabam_DSC0828.thumb.jpg.0216c2f8e77c124caf3e61461bd14419.jpg

_DSC0827.jpg

I have not done this without removing the engine.  But, I think if you disconnect the transmission support and any other connected parts to allow the engine & transmission to move up as a unit, the rear end will rotate enough without realignment.  Also, make sure you have enough room for the floor shifter and transmission to move up without hitting the floor.  It's worth a try to avoid all the work of removing the engine.