1936 Mercedes benz Whats it worth?

MB1936

I'm assuming this is some sort of replicar (if it has fiberglass fenders it probably isn't a real 1936 Mercedes).  My suggestion would be to determine the replicar manufacturer and the year of manufacture, and then type that into your search engine.  Look for other similar cars for sale, and see what sellers are listing them for. Then you'll have some idea of what you might ask.

For example, here is replica built by Heritage Motors and titled as a "1990 Mercedes", listing for $29,750.  https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz/500k/2285985.html This may not be the same company that built yours. 

Here is the section from Hemmings Motor News which lists the model 500K Mercedes.  There are several replicas and apparently one real one.  https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz/500k 

• Like 1

It's a neoclassic replica of the 34 - 36 M-B 500K, likely to garner much dissing on this site because it's not "real".  I wouldn't mind owning one but then I'm a philistine.  Anyway, there were/are several manufacturers of turnkey cars as well as kits, all using a bit different trim, various power-trains, etc.  Heritage may be the best known but I don't think yours is one.  They're usually not daily drivers so they're low mileage and in excellent condition.  I've seen those mostly around $30K asking - dunno what selling is.  Yours looks to be very nice but you didn't describe power-train, accessories, etc - dark blue is somewhat unusual as most are lighter color.  All that may affect price, as will an engine that is not a V-8 and/or not installed.  The price I mentioned is for a running, driving car.

Edited by CHuDWah (see edit history)

Looks like a car show magnet.
I don't know that the 'dissing' is because it's not real, or moreso that it's just an unappealing mishmash of parts.
^ A '30s car with a '60s steering wheel and '80s A/C vents.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MB1936 said:

Purchased this vehicle from a client for a decent price looking to flip for a larger profit. How much could it sell for? Vehicle located in PA 

Inline 8 not installed*

fiberglass fenders* 

My question is to you, how do you know that you bought it at a decent price if you don't know what you can sell it for? I am not trying to give you a hard time, but it seems that you already must have numbers in your head from your statement

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, mercer09 said:

I'm going to guess real market is somewhere around 25k.   It has little or nothing to do with a 500k Mercedes.

you are quite generous-motor isnt even installed.........

I'm always high on these sorts of threads.   Probably why I pay too much for the stuff I end up with.

Also,  reading comprehension doesn't seem to be my strong suit.  Didn't even catch the engine thing,   so I'll update to 12-15k.

• Like 3

That car is the cubic zirconia of the car world. If you paid lump of coal money for it, you'll be OK when you sell it as a cubic zirconia. If you paid cubic zirconia money (or, god forbid, diamond money) expecting to get diamond money you're going to be bitterly disappointed.

What is it titled as? If it's titled as a 1936 Mercedes, someone pulled a fast on on their local DMV. It reminds me of a local car show we had a few years ago and the organizers allowed one of the members of the City Council to pick the best of show. Well, she picked one of those replica Bugatti's, built on a VW chassis. When they announced the winner, I can't begin to describe the outcry of people that had very nice, restored and original vehicles. There were almost fist fights over her decision. I think the type of person you are looking for to purchase your car, is a rather large person with his shirt opened to his belly button, hairy chest, with gold chains and a fat cigar in his mouth.

• Haha 1

You haven't told us what the engine is.  Even a Buick straight eight would be at the bottom of my list.  With that weight up front handling has to be terrible.   If anyone offers you cash I would take it and run!!!  On the other hand one of my professors once said"  There hasn't been a pot made that you can't find a lid to fit"

22 hours ago, MB1936 said:

1936 Mercedes benz Whats it worth?

Purchased this vehicle from a client for a decent price looking to flip for a larger profit. How much could it sell for? Vehicle located in PA 

Inline 8 not installed*

fiberglass fenders*

50% of what you paid?

Photo of the engine would be good

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Gee, some of you guys a bit tough. It has a market, there are plenty of replica's that fetch decent money, cobra's, 356's, etc.

From the pics, it looks to be a very good example replica. I would love to cruise in that on any lazy Sunday afternoon, 99% of the general public would not know that is a replica.

12 hours ago, maok said:

Gee, some of you guys a bit tough. It has a market, there are plenty of replica's that fetch decent money, cobra's, 356's, etc.

Since I know a lot of the guys responding, I can tell you they are pulling punches.   There is nothing about this car that is a replica.  The Cobra's and 356 Porches you are referring to can be indistinguishable from the real thing by anyone other than an expert.    I would think that even a rookie car guy would know this is not a 500K Mercedes.

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, maok said:

From the pics, it looks to be a very good example replica. I would love to cruise in that on any lazy Sunday afternoon, 99% of the general public would not know that is a replica.

One can tell a block away its far from a 'good example'.    Compare it to the ones pictured in this long running thread: 

Craig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The car has appeal to a certain group. If it was priced the same as cosmetic surgery, silicone, skin tightening, and dye for the significant other, I'd take the car, ride alone, and put the trophy from the hairy chest contest in the passenger seat.

Bernie

22 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

I think the type of person you are looking for to purchase your car, is a rather large person with his shirt opened to his belly button, hairy chest, with gold chains and a fat cigar in his mouth.

OK, OK..... I'll take it!

The car has appeal to a certain group. If it was priced the same as cosmetic surgery, silicone, skin tightening, and dye for the significant other, I'd take the car, ride alone, and put the trophy from the hairy chest contest in the passenger seat.

sounds like some of the "cheap surgery" around Philly

you end up with a "surprise face"....................................................

2 hours ago, mike6024 said:

It belongs in Las Vegas, but wouldn't be out of place in Palm Springs either.

A southern California real estate couple. Unbuttoned shirt with hairy chest and matching leatherette cleavage. Parked at the Ontario airport. Got it.

In reference to another, earlier discussion I was involved with here, just like any other fake/replica/tribute/etc, this vehicle demonstrates how even if it’s attempting to look like 1930s M-B, doesn’t mean it is one nor should it be called as such.

Topic vehicle appears to be something a Compton Street Hustler, Las Vegas Stage Performer or newly minted “any town” Professional Sports Hero types would proudly cruise in, but I can’t imagine any self-respecting antique/classic/vintage car guy or gal being caught dead in it. 

How seriously can one take a person showing up wearing a fake Rolex, riding in the topic vehicle or ...

...one of these (copyright of owner/photographer) ?

(Hint, despite the attempted appearance and badging, I believe the pictured “thing” is not one of those classic Italian-made sports cars, not even if some government agency would be willing title it as such.)

D942E306-DA18-4DA8-B1B6-98B5B94892B0.jpeg

Brooks Stevens, Jr., and Sr. Exner started that stuff with Esquire magazine as co-conspirator. I will joke about them, but I have always liked the majority of the spawn.

My '64 Riviera is a Bentley knock off by Bill Mitchel, and the Rolex looking watch says Croton on the face and has a Cadillac crest and laurel leaf. It was a perk for some '60's Caddy salesman.

Interesting comments, being an ex-sailor I'm going to have to sort out that self respect thing, could be self conscious.

But one thing is for sure, I wouldn't have remembered that real estate agent from Diamond Bar if I hadn't been just a little intrigued. That was in the mid-1990's!

Bernie