Totem Pontiac liscense plate frame

Hello,

I have a vintage 1969 Pontiac firebird. it is fully restored to original. It was purchased new from totem pontiac in seattle and i really want to find a liscense plate frame. Can anyone help or send me in the right direction. it would be greatly appreciated.

Does that dealership still exist?  That's the first step.

I needed a replacement for a dealership script emblem

which was broken;  I called the dealership, which still

existed, and they dug into their supply drawers and 

found one that exactly matched the 1969 style.

If the dealership is defunct, it's likely that someone from

that dealership--owner, service manager, etc.--still lives in town.

Calling him might be a second step.

Well that explains why I couldn't place it. That picture above was allegedly 4th and Wall. Somehow it just didn't click for me. I think I recognize the building behind.

EDIT: The Olive and the Fifth addresses don't seem to jive either. Somehow I doubt we are going to find the building now. (How about something more like First and Denny?) It also surprises me they moved around so much.

In any event, the OP's car is a 1969 (I wonder there they were in 1969?).

I hope we can find him a license frame. I dug through my collection and didn't find anything.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

Pic reportedly snapped in 1962 from the Needle. Check at 3 o'clock : the round-topped building, plus the bldg seen in the '58 shot just to the left of the roof-top sign (with the elevator tower sticking up). Looks like Totem got some facade updates for the World's Fair.

1962.png

Edited by WQ59B (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Bloo- I believe you were correct RE the googlemaps street view. Even tho that was on 4th, Totem extended the block between 4th & 5th- perhaps the mailing address was indeed on 5th but the phot was taken of the 4th Ave side. Anyway- it was in the block across the monorail from the Post office, and that's your street view. Totem building is long gone.

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.55.15 PM.png

Edited by WQ59B (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Totem must have taken a whole block. Here is the building behind it that I thought I recognized in the old picture, still standing at 4th and Vine.

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.6171877,-122.3469849,3a,75y,4h,103.02t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6V_lvOjIAZm7q6sLZMfs6g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

It shows just below the right yellow arrow on your picture, in-between the Totem site and the next tall building.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Not related but.

I lived it Tacoma when the Seattle worlds fair happened in 62, I was 13.

Some friends and I paddled our canoes from Fox island to the fair.

Camped on the beaches, Got kicked out of Alki.

Oh, to be young and strong again.

Oh, car related, I remember Totem Pontiac.

• Like 1