Hot Rod Power Tour 2019

AnniesSS

I know most of us prefer original/stock vehicles, but there sure was a wonderful collection of everything on the Hot Rod Power Tour.  This is the first time Joel and I have participated as Long Haulers (those who traveled all 7 cities in 7 days) and we had the time of our lives!  I drove my 1990 454SS pickup and she performed flawlessly!  I, however, was very sick 7 of the 9 days of our vacation, but I was ok with that, cause we weren't stuck anywhere fixing my truck and could keep moving.

For those who are interested, here are photos of each of the 7 day Tour, plus our extra stay in Milan/Sandusky. :)

Charlotte, NC

Martinsville, VA

Bristol, TN

Sparta, KY

Indianapolis, IN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I finally did the Long Haul this year with my 1962 Olds F-85 wagon (which was MY Plan B...), and since HRPT ended in Norwalk on Friday and the Oldsmobile Homecoming was three hours away in Lansing on Saturday, I extended the trip and took that in as well.  What a week! I'm sorry I waited so long to do it. It was an absolute blast, even after I had to source and replace u-joints in Sparta, KY.

IMG_20190608_144510821.jpg

U joints Sparta KY Wed1.jpg

IMG_20190614_150756641.jpg

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! I couldn’t agree more about how great the Power Tour is. We have done 13 of them with 10 Long Hauls. We are in the white 65 Gran Sport in your Indy coverage.

• Like 1

Guest Mark McAlpine

Great photos, Annie--thanks for sharing them with us!  Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, but glad to hear it didn't prevent you from having fun and I trust you're fully recovered now.

Thanks, again!  It looks like there was a great selection of vehicles on the tour.

Guest Mark McAlpine

Good to see you, Joe, even if it's only in photos.  It's been a while.

Nice car!  What was your Plan A?

1 hour ago, Mark McAlpine said:

Good to see you, Joe, even if it's only in photos.  It's been a while.

Nice car!  What was your Plan A?

Hey, Mark. Plan A was the long-suffering 1967 Delta 88. It's unfortunately still in pieces.

7 hours ago, Mark McAlpine said:

Great photos, Annie--thanks for sharing them with us!  Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, but glad to hear it didn't prevent you from having fun and I trust you're fully recovered now.

Thanks, again!  It looks like there was a great selection of vehicles on the tour.

Yes thank you! Took another week after th trip but good now. HUGE variety of vehicles!!!

Guest Mark McAlpine
8 hours ago, joe_padavano said:

Hey, Mark. Plan A was the long-suffering 1967 Delta 88. It's unfortunately still in pieces.

The Delta 88 would've been nice, but I like the F-85 wagon--you don't see many of them around, so it really stands out.

8 hours ago, Mark McAlpine said:

The Delta 88 would've been nice, but I like the F-85 wagon--you don't see many of them around, so it really stands out.

There was always a crowd around it. I did get tired of the question "does it have the transaxle in it?" however. 😅

11 hours ago, Lebowski said:

It came within half a mile of my house on the leg from Sparta to Indy if they took I-71 to I-65. I wish I had known about it.... :o

They went past the shop for hours. Summit Motorsports Park wouldn't open their gate till Noon. There were cars everywhere. They invaded a lot of driveways and parking lots close to the track. Parked in field entrances and on the berm of the road.

• Like 1