GM HERITAGE CENTER - 194 Photos

Marion & I first visited the GM Heritage Center back in 2011 when the VCCA held it's 50th Anniversary Meet in Flint, MI, and set up a tour of the Heritage Center as one of the meet's available activities.  What a fantastic collection.  Although it's not open to the public, car clubs (and other groups) can schedule group tours of the facility for $10/person with a minimum of 30 people.

A piece of movie trivia about the GM Heritage Center:  it was in the 2011 movie "Transformers:  Dark Side of the Moon" as the car collection of the evil billionaire played by Patrick Dempsey.  The only noticeable change made to the center for the movie was the numbers painted on the interior side of the large garage doors on the back walls of the building.  GM left the numbers on the doors and they're still there today.  If you saw the movie, you may remember all the neon signs on the back interior wall of the building (to the left of the garage doors)--GM purchased those (and some vehicles) from the AACA's very own Pinky Randall.

My goal is to establish an AACA region in the metropolitan Detroit area and to hold an AACA Nationals there within the next 3-5 years.  There are plenty of fun and interesting car-related activities we could set up for attendees to do--including tours of The Henry Ford museum, Greenfield Village, R.E. Olds Transportation Museum, Packard Proving Grounds, Stahls Automotive Foundation, Ford Piquette Ave plant, car/truck assembly plants, possibly the FCA car collection at the old Conner Assembly Plant, and, of course, the GM Heritage Collection.  Calling all AACA members (and those who want to join the AACA) who live in the metropolitan Detroit area--let's get together and start a region!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Mark McAlpine said:

Marion & I first visited the GM Heritage Center back in 2011 when the VCCA held it's 50th Anniversary Meet in Flint, MI, and set up a tour of the Heritage Center as one of the meet's available activities.  What a fantastic collection.  Although it's not open to the public, car clubs (and other groups) can schedule group tours of the facility for $10/person with a minimum of 30 people.

A piece of movie trivia about the GM Heritage Center:  it was in the 2011 movie "Transformers:  Dark Side of the Moon" as the car collection of the evil billionaire played by Patrick Dempsey.  The only noticeable change made to the center for the movie was the numbers painted on the interior side of the large garage doors on the back walls of the building.  GM left the numbers on the doors and they're still there today.  If you saw the movie, you may remember all the neon signs on the back interior wall of the building (to the left of the garage doors)--GM purchased those (and some vehicles) from the AACA's very own Pinky Randall.

My goal is to establish an AACA region in the metropolitan Detroit area and to hold an AACA Nationals there within the next 3-5 years.  There are plenty of fun and interesting car-related activities we could set up for attendees to do--including tours of The Henry Ford museum, Greenfield Village, R.E. Olds Transportation Museum, Packard Proving Grounds, Stahls Automotive Foundation, Ford Piquette Ave plant, car/truck assembly plants, possibly the FCA car collection at the old Conner Assembly Plant, and, of course, the GM Heritage Collection.  Calling all AACA members (and those who want to join the AACA) who live in the metropolitan Detroit area--let's get together and start a region!

Mark I am not in your area, we are in the Tri state (Del-Marva), however if you ever do plan a group trip to the Heritage Museum we’d love to join you!

Ive worked for a GM dealership for nearly 20 years and would love to go!

If you keep a tickler file for things like this please add me and message me if you’d like my contact info.

I appreciate it Sir!

Hello Crazy Family,

Please private message me with your contact info and I'll be happy to start a list.  That said, if we organize an AACA Nationals show in the Detroit area, I guarantee we'll organize a visit to the GM Heritage Center (and some other great places to see in the area) and all AACA members will be welcome to attend.