Great You-tube Restor '31 UF-10 Dodge

ArticiferTom

Met Henry last year on DBC site to answer a few question on servicing  his newly acquired '31 Dodge UF-10 . Did not realize he was so young ,which was great to see . He has a rare truck as it is a Dodge /Graham chassis build in England . He told me to invite all to watch . Invited him to site , hopefully in future .

Edited by ArticiferTom (see edit history)

Good to see people, considerably younger than most of us on this site, with an interest to restore and preserve pre-war vehicles.

He's doing some fine work on the vehicle as well, I just wish he would keep the original seat and not replace it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I've finally managed to join this site as per Tom's recommendation. Thanks Tom, this looks like an incredible place for support and information. We've got nothing useful on these trucks this side of the water over in England! I love old machines and vehicles, have done my whole life. I'm 28 years old and have always wanted a vehicle that is properly old and I thought 1930 was a good age!

zepher - Regarding the original seat. Unfortunately it isn't the original. It is old, and I don't know where it is from. The truck was originally built with a single seat and then changed to a bench type at a later date but still quite early looking at the mods that were done. The problem is that the seat is just the wrong size so the gear stick is pressed hard into the seat and only just reaches 1st gear, the doors press hard against it when shut and the driving position is awful and it's really hard to get in and out. So I figured I needed to find something else and I like the idea of a bench seat. I can always change it in the future if I can find a better option.

I want to let you all know I've now released 4 videos and will post a link to the playlist below.

1931 Dodge Brothers UF-10 Restoration

Thanks for all the support!

Edited by Henry Boler (see edit history)

Welcome Henry .  Just watched your 3 and 4 vids , seems to be moving along .  Question you removed roof trim . Are you changing the vinyl topping ? It looked ok in vids . If you do remove and it was made by Chase Drednaut Co . it maybe marked with it's manufacturing date , as mine was . ( 20160607_184046.thumb.jpg.54bee778a5dbe29e635ec62fa21414d6.jpg

On 7/3/2019 at 2:02 AM, Henry Boler said:

Hello All,

I've finally managed to join this site as per Tom's recommendation. Thanks Tom, this looks like an incredible place for support and information. We've got nothing useful on these trucks this side of the water over in England! I love old machines and vehicles, have done my whole life. I'm 28 years old and have always wanted a vehicle that is properly old and I thought 1930 was a good age!

Hi Henry, and welcome to the forum.

Be sure and scroll down to the Dodge Brothers section as you get time as well...

https://forums.aaca.org/forum/38-dodge-dodge-brothers/

Regards,
Dave

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info Tom.

I will probably end up changing the roof cover as it has gone really brittle and has a lot of cracks and tears in it. It is only held on with about 6 screws now so I can take it off very easily. I'll have a look and let you know what I find!

Also, happy Independence Day you lot over the pond!

US.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watch ep-5  .Good show and did have a good 4th , thank you .   The wrap under the radiator is called the Apron . The screws of the fender are 1/4-20 oval head in #14 or 1/4" finishing washers . The washers are used in cabinet making a lot check with one them . Screws or straight blade are harder , specialty or stainless steel are what is mostly available ,nowadays .

Thanks Tom! I will keep my eyes open for replacements! You weren't supposed to have been able to see episode 5 yet! I've only just released it publicly, but made a mistake on YouTube, oops! So you'll have to wait until next Tuesday for episode 6 now.

For those who weren't aware, I have now just released Episode 5 to the public! See the link a few posts back to watch it!