Found my engine number on the frame today!

keiser31

It just keeps on getting better and I just keep on getting happier. After all these years of searching, searching and MORE searching, I FINALLY found the engine number on the frame of my first 1931 Dodge coupe today! After clearing the car out from under a ton of CRAP, I took some photos of the frame around the left rear spring perches. I could not see, but just stuck my camera into the darkness near where I thought the numbers would be. After downloading the photos, I could see the areas clearly and here is what I found. "DH10468" which matches the numbers given to me by the Chrysler Historical Service data card. YEA!!!! It is VERY difficult to see the whole set of digits clearly since the frame was powder coated years ago, but if you look close....

Picture 28522.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, dc-8dave said:

Hello John,

Do you have the original (matching number) motor still in place?

The original engine was buried, literally, for a while, so it was too crusty to save. The engine in the car is a few numbers off. THAT is why I was so glad to find the number on the frame.

25 minutes ago, dc-8dave said:

I do remember that story and the article, I also remember a picture of a punk kid with a shovel.

In my mind, I am still a punk kid....

• Like 4