49 Roadmaster 4dr on eBay...anyone know it?

Smartin

There is a full description (more than a couple sentences) here...

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=233264321639&t=0&tid=10&category=6143&seller=lew-lew39&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=100&ittenable=true&domain=ebay.com&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

Looks like the original seat covers are under there.  Man this is a tempting deal.  Must....resist....

• Haha 2

Get yourself a set of wide white  American Classic 8.20R15 radials and you are ready to cruise in style!  (See the photo of my 1949 Super that I've owned since 1978.) I've had American Classic 7.60R15s on it since 2014.  They're great!  They look very much like the original old U.S. Royal 7.60 x 15s that came with the car. Same size white wall. Great ride at 65 mph down the freeway.

IMG_20180603_151104261.jpg

• Like 4

Handsome car. Ditto on it needing some original diameter tires, some nice wide whites. Bob's car looks great.

Price seems pretty low, especially considering it's being advertised by what seems to be a dealer. 

Good-looking seat covers!

On 6/22/2019 at 9:16 AM, Smartin said:

There is a full description (more than a couple sentences) here...

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=233264321639&t=0&tid=10&category=6143&seller=lew-lew39&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=100&ittenable=true&domain=ebay.com&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

Looks like the original seat covers are under there.  Man this is a tempting deal.  Must....resist....

Careful Adam, or you'll wind up like me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lancemb said:

So it seems it's not really a bargain then right?

If it's as presented, I think it's a good asking price. It's a good-looking car, but those undersize tires with the narrow whitewalls aren't helping its case. Gives the impression that upkeep might've been done on the cheap elsewhere as well. It needs some tall tires.

6 hours ago, suchan said:

If it's as presented, I think it's a good asking price. It's a good-looking car, but those undersize tires with the narrow whitewalls aren't helping its case. Gives the impression that upkeep might've been done on the cheap elsewhere as well. It needs some tall tires.

I think it is a very fair price.  Reading it again, seller acknowledges there are seat covers over original upholstery.  They claim since new, but those seat covers are more like 1980's.  If the upholstery has actually been covered since new though, it should be really nice.  If so, then with less than 48k miles seems like a great car for this money.