Thriller

Thoughts on the National, BCA, etc.

Generally, Display cars are parked in class.  There have been exceptions, but that’s generally the case.

• Thanks 1

Let's not stir up the parking thing again, especially with incorrect information. Originally all the cars were going to have to be moved on Saturday at Midwest City. That situation was rectified for us and we were able to leave all the cars in place. At a great many national Meets parking is a challenge for one reason or another. What we should be seeing here is kudos for the North Texas Chapter for doing a great job with the parking for all participants.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jack Welch said:

Let's not stir up the parking thing again, especially with incorrect information. Originally all the cars were going to have to be moved on Saturday at Midwest City. That situation was rectified for us and we were able to leave all the cars in place. At a great many national Meets parking is a challenge for one reason or another. What we should be seeing here is kudos for the North Texas Chapter for doing a great job with the parking for all participants.

I agree with Jack. Entire Midwest city meet went well.    Thanks, folks.

Ben

• Like 4

My apologies.  I have always thought that cars not in the 400 point judging had to move late Friday or very early Saturday so that judging would go quicker and smoother.  I am wrong.  This is a good wrong.  If anyone brings a Buick, and is display only, then my new understanding is they are assigned a spot on the show field and can use it for the meet to display their car and have a reserved spot to park.   Thank you for correcting me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Some things are just more of a PITA than they're worth.  If you don't care about judging or awards, park with the hoi polloi and walk into the show field.  I mean, you already know what your car looks like, and the time spent sitting by it takes away from the time you could spend looking at others.

19 minutes ago, KongaMan said:

Some things are just more of a PITA than they're worth.  If you don't care about judging or awards, park with the hoi polloi and walk into the show field.  I mean, you already know what your car looks like, and the time spent sitting by it takes away from the time you could spend looking at others.

Yeah, but I like to TALK about mine.   

Ben

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Yeah, but I like to TALK about mine.

You don't learn much when you're doing the talking. ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KongaMan said:

You don't learn much when you're doing the talking. ;) 

Yea  But if Ben is explaining how he put the Fuel injection on his Straight 8 and the type of cam he had ground for more horsepower, the listeners do.

Beside, if he bores you, you can walk away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

Yea  But if Ben is explaining how he put the Fuel injection on his Straight 8 and the type of cam he had ground for more horsepower, the listeners do.

By definition, those listeners aren't sitting by their own cars.  Which kinda makes my point.

• Thanks 1

I don't care to hover around my car all day, but I do enjoy chatting about it to passers-by when I am wiping it down or putzing in the general area.

I really get a kick out of the comments I hear when I am hanging around Mike's red 72 GSX.  The general theme is "they didn't make them in that color."  I just have to take a breath and realize that I can't correct everyone that makes that assumption.

• Like 1

Reminds me of my boss's mantra,

" If you think you can-DON'T , Know you can."

Things would be much better if people thought about what they are going to say before they do say it ( or type it ).

• Like 3