Wife was following me and said liquid was coming out by  license plate. Must be Gas tank vent. My tank was on the full side. Have anyone else had this happen and is there a solution 

I don't think you want a vented cap on a 63.  There is a dedicated vent hose on the tank.  It loops up and over the filler neck like an upside down horseshoe; the top of the horse shoe higher than the top of the tank. You can see it when you pull the license plate down to gas up.  Air can get out, nothing else; and nothing can get in.  You don't need a vented cap.  

Posted (edited)

Gas seems to be coming out of  vent hose. I am Using original gas cap. I recently had tank down. All connection have been checked.

Edited by Chasander (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Chasander said:

Gas seems to be coming out of  vent hose. I am Using original gas cap. I recently had tank down. All connection have been checked.

I have tried ventedd AND non vented caps on my 65. If the tank is too full, gas will come out the vent hose; I've had it happen several times. When the pump handle kicks off, I round it to the next dollar, AND NO MORE. Seems to cure the issue.

Properly tuned they will do that. Just keep your foot out of it for the first 30 miles after filling. That should bring you down at least two gallons.

4 hours ago, jframe said:

I have tried ventedd AND non vented caps on my 65. If the tank is too full, gas will come out the vent hose; I've had it happen several times. When the pump handle kicks off, I round it to the next dollar, AND NO MORE. Seems to cure the issue.

Agreed.......my car does this too.......you have to not fill these cars up all the way