K- SEAL

PETEPONTIAC-1

If you read the discussion of how it works, https://www.kseal.com/using-k-seal/how-does-k-seal-work

you will see it blocks small openings with copper particles and ceramic micro-fibres. This is how we design filtration systems for in earth dams (etc), although our particles are soil particles.

The ramifications of this are that any small openings (up to 0.635 mm, they say, but that is a very precise number that I find hard to believe) will probably be blocked. Thus if your oiling system contains small clearances, like around bearings, they will be blocked.

Thus it is a very bad idea to add this to oil.

But it will "fix" seeps and small leaks in radiators, they say. If your cooling system is a bit dodgy with partial blockages leaving small openings, it is likely to get worse.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

Perhaps we could offer better help with a more specific description of the problem you're having. If your engine is leaking a little oil here and there, that's probably OK. Don't worry about it. If it's leaking a lot, then nothing you pour in will cure it. You mention both oil leaks and pouring it into your radiator. I might also guess that your car is running hot (or you think it is). What problem, exactly, are you hoping this product will cure?

There's vast experience here, if you ask a specific question, I bet you get a useful and specific answer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PETEPONTIAC-1 said:

I have a small head gasket leak, hoping that will stop that instead of replacing the gasket.

The only thing that stops a head gasket leak is a new head gasket.  At the same time perhaps the head needs to be planed, if not it is less than a one day job.