Sign in to follow this  
jquam

1932 Hup B216 Roadster

I have a 1932 Hup B216 Roadster with  Stromberg DXR2 Carb. Is this the orig carb for the car, if not what was used.

Thanks

John

Posted (edited)

Well the  original  carb was  a Stromberg, but  my  1932 B-216 Hupmobile reference  book does  not  give  the  model. See the  scan.3260897_Hupp1932B-216Carb001.thumb.jpg.d96f887106a6f01ae1ed2a6ba3e47550.jpg

Edited by Hupp36 (see edit history)

By the  way,  I  love  roadsters, how  about posting  a   pic

Thanks so much for the reply....I really appreciate it 

I’m having a problem with the carb in that it will not idle without the choke about a quarter of the way out. I’ve cleaned it and gone through it but the same problem. I’ve been told that the dxr2 was a bad carb to begin with, even Stromberg admitted this and you could send it in for an exchange......any ideas

What carb are you using 

I’ll try to post a pic later

Posted (edited)

I have a  few  Hupps  but  no  Model B. The  Hupp  Club  has  tec. advisors  on  all  the  models, maybe they  will see this  post  and  have  an  answer for  you.  On  second thought,  I  will  email  him  and  ask him  his  thoughts  on  your  problem.

Edited by Hupp36 (see edit history)

Thanks....I am a member of the Hup Club so probably should have started there. I guess I thought more people would see it here