Where to find build date?

Kevin M

I couldn’t find anything when searching on here on where to find on the car what day it was actually completed. I’m assuming it’s something to do with the tags on the door or in the trunk. I’m really curious to see when my car was built as it’s VIN 068 of the 91s and the original owner said it was the last one on the lot. 

Thanks to Tom Benvie we have complete info for every 1991....... That file will be at www.reatta.net soon if it is not already there.

Your Burgundy coupe has standard grey seats....the CD player option.  black side molding, pinstripe delete option and it was built on Novermber 30 1990

For several reasons,  1991 production did not start at the normal August-September time..........the first production 1991 Reattas were built the last week of Novermber 1990

Have no idea what the original owner meant by "last one on the lot" ...it might be the last one on that dealers lot, but it may have been sitting there for some time.

It was built in a batch of Burgundy (Dark Garnet Red Metallic) Reattas starting with 900062 thru 900071

• Like 1

Thanks Barney. I’ll make sure to save that link. I believe the original owner meant it was the last one at that dealership. The title says July 10th 1991 for the date bought. So that’s pretty near the end of the model year

Reatta production stopped May 16 1991

1991 Reatta production was not a full year....from the last week of November to May 16 is just under 6 months.

A total of 1519 vehicles were built........1214 coupes,  305 convertibles (roughly 247 convertibles were titled) the remaining 58 convertibles were either donated to tech schools or scrapped.

The "exact" number of titled convertibles can vary depending on the final fate of the car........some cars documented as "scrapped" have surfaced as titled, with significant mileage via CarFax

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Barney, what do you mean by "has not been loaded"?

I send the information to Tom Jenkins in Fl........www.reatta.net belongs to him and he keep the database for all to see. 

I only send him updates about once a month or when things are real slow, maybe 2-3 months and he then updates the database.

Together we are working on having several databases displayed.   The original started around 1996 is built from owner input, information found on sales sites, etc  It has the most information because there is room for the owners name, state, mileage, if  the car was for sale, the asking price.   It also tells us if it had 16 way seat, CD player and Sunroof...if that info was supplied.

The additional databases we are adding are information obtained from GM but it is limited....1988, 1989, 1990 will list all cars, color and interior but that is all we have information wise.

the 1991 database is extremely complete and was compiled by Tom Benvie and with his permission that will also be displayed.

There are several reasons they have not been loaded......Tom Jenkins must so what web people do to get them so you can view them,  he also contacts me when he find a problem and we try to work it out.

I don't push Tom and he does not push me........so there will be there someday.

• Like 1

The spreadsheet is a pretty good tool. I started making a list of all the one of one 91s. Probably should get back to finishing that. Barney did you ever get my PM from a few weeks ago concerning the five cars in a junkyard by me?

Kevin........don't recall a message with 5 cars.......had a couple with 2 cars,  please send again

Tony.......418 & 419 were built on 2/13/1991..........586 build date was 3/6/91 and the only out of the ordinary option it has is pin stripe delete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

Kevin........don't recall a message with 5 cars.......had a couple with 2 cars,  please send again

Tony.......418 & 419 were built on 2/13/1991..........586 build date was 3/6/91 and the only out of the ordinary option it has is pin stripe delete

Thank you Barney!! Appreciate you also including the build date for 586 - I thought it was strange it didn't have a pinstripe as well. It also has a factory CD player now, so my guess is it must have been installed later, as the database says no CD?? 586 is pictured below.

586.jpeg

Edited by azreattacollector
left out info (see edit history)