dhutton

WTB 1957 1958 wagon liftgate glass and rear seat

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Looking for liftgate glass and rear seat for 1957 1958 Buick wagon. Caballero, Estate wagon etc. 

 

Edit:  I found both thanks to this forum.  Thanks!

 

Thanks,

Don

Edited by dhutton
Missed glass (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Don,

 

I don’t have any answers for you directly, but I’d check to see if these parts carried across GM lines.  I know the rear glass is the same for all 59-60 GM wagons, for example, which has allowed me to find parts that fit as the Chev wagons have a bigger following.

 

Good luck on the search and I hope this is helpful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Thriller said:

Hi Don,

 

I don’t have any answers for you directly, but I’d check to see if these parts carried across GM lines.  I know the rear glass is the same for all 59-60 GM wagons, for example, which has allowed me to find parts that fit as the Chev wagons have a bigger following.

 

Good luck on the search and I hope this is helpful.

 

57-58 Oldsmobile wagons use the same parts but they are quite rare as near as I can tell. 

 

Thanks,

Don

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete Phillips used to have one not too long ago he was parting; not sure if he still has it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lancemb said:

Pete Phillips used to have one not too long ago he was parting; not sure if he still has it

I bought that car from Pete but those two items are not included. Picking it up tomorrow. 

 

Thanks,

Don

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don, I don't know if it would fit, but I have a 60/40 rear seat out of a 1956 Century Estate (4 door) wagon that I would sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Long Roof said:

Don, I don't know if it would fit, but I have a 60/40 rear seat out of a 1956 Century Estate (4 door) wagon that I would sell.

 

Thanks LR. Is it possible for you to post a couple of pics?

 

Thanks,

Don

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hollander 32th edition. Interchange number 1701  '57/'58 Oldsmobile and Buick...... All hardtop and post wagons both years.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, lancemb said:

A parts wagon just sold on Ebay a few weeks ago that included 2 extra rear frames with glass.  Might try to figure out who bought it and buy one off them...

 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283475847527

I should have bought that car but it was a long way from home. 

 

Thanks,

Don

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Auburncoupe said:

Hollander 32th edition. Interchange number 1701  '57/'58 Oldsmobile and Buick...... All hardtop and post wagons both years.  

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 1956 seats are wrapped up and stored but here are a few pictures I found. The bench is one piece and back is 60/40 split. I think these are the same for 1954, 1955, and 1956. Probably a little different than later years.

'56 Wagon seats 004.jpg

'56 Wagon seats 005.jpg

'56 Wagon seats 006.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both the bench and back are the 60/40 split. Memory not as good as it should be at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Got the glass from Pete Philips and the seat from Joe/95Cardinal. 

 

Thanks,

Don

Edited by dhutton (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now