Jack Welch

News From the BOD

Recommended Posts

Many members want to know what the BOD is doing. The usual method to do that is to wade through the minutes, and try and make some sense of that. As Secretary, I am starting this thread as a means to provide quicker understanding of what is going on. It is my hope we can keep this as an informational thread. That said, the first thing New President John Steed has done is to put together an SOP / Bylaws committee to look at those, and make any necessary changes to bring us up to date. We will examine the way the Club presently operates to make any changes that will improve the Club going forward.. That committee will be composed of President John, Mike Book and myself. Some of the first things we will look at are SOPs and Bylaws that must be changed to accommodate suggestions provided by the auditors, that. the BCA hired to look at our financial operations. On a personal note Since becoming Secretary last year, I have had to go through those By laws and SOPs many tomes, and I am very impressed by how good a job the original authors did in creating them. For the most part , they still work very well. A lot of thought went in to them.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread should be locked and used to provide BOD information only.  Otherwise we all know where this is headed.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NC-car-guy said:

This thread should be locked and used to provide BOD information only.  Otherwise we all know where this is headed.

If I have to do that  I will, I am hoping that we can keep it open for  relevant questions. If that is not the case, I will have Peter lock it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jack Welch Has the BOD brought up the longevity of this particular committee?  Since the BOD changes a bit each year, without some lay persons involved it would seem that review of the organizational rules could be subject to wide swings of experience, and desires, without much history to fall back on.  I am suggesting that this ought to be a standing committee with it's own SOP for set up and guidance, with at least one BOD member and whatever other number of members needed, to facilitate recommendations for adjustments to the SOP, Rules and Regulations and the By-Laws, for the BOD.  It would still be up to the BOD to accept or reject any recommendations.  And since the Judging manual is also considered a part of the governing documents there should be at least one member of the NMC on this committee.  

 

Just my opinion. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

@Jack Welch Has the BOD brought up the longevity of this particular committee?  Since the BOD changes a bit each year, without some lay persons involved it would seem that review of the organizational rules could be subject to wide swings of experience, and desires, without much history to fall back on.  I am suggesting that this ought to be a standing committee with it's own SOP for set up and guidance, with at least one BOD member and whatever other number of members needed, to facilitate recommendations for adjustments to the SOP, Rules and Regulations and the By-Laws, for the BOD.  It would still be up to the BOD to accept or reject any recommendations.  And since the Judging manual is also considered a part of the governing documents there should be at least one member of the NMC on this committee.  

 

Just my opinion. 

John : Good thought, that could be an SOP change in it's own right. The committees, that this BOD will be setting up will not all be composed of BOD members, so that makes a lot of sense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The BOD will have its first meeting VIA teleconference on July 8th. Items currently scheduled for the agenda will include a report from the SOP committee , approval of a new Chief Judge to replace John Steed. approval of a Chapter coordinator to fill a vacant position, as well as ongoing discussion of the recommendations of the auditors. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 30, 2019 at 9:30 AM, Jack Welch said:

The BOD will have its first meeting VIA teleconference on July 8th. Items currently scheduled for the agenda will include a report from the SOP committee , approval of a new Chief Judge to replace John Steed. approval of a Chapter coordinator to fill a vacant position, as well as ongoing discussion of the recommendations of the auditors. 

add to that agenda, discussion of a possible new Division, discussion of the BCA insurance policy renewal, discussion of  formation of new committees, such as Finance Committee, Personnel committee ,  Ethics committee and possibly others.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the BOD meeting last evening Kevin Kinney was appointed to replace John Steed as BCA Chief Judge. Roberta Vasilow was appointed Chapter, Region and Director CoOrdinator . Both appointments will be for a five year period as per the BCA ByLaws. The changes proposed  by the SOP committee were approved with modifications as presented , and will be posted in a future Bugle for the membership to comment on , before being implemented. A Finance committee was created by President John Steed with Bill Stoneberg as Chair and Sydney Meyer and Jerry Courson as members. A Membership growth Committee was established by President Steed with Alan Oldfield as Chair. Members will be approved for this committee going forward. Several names have been put forth. A six month budget was approved so that the BCA can switch from a July 1 fiscal year beginning to a Jan 1 beginning. The paper work to accomplish this has been provided to our accounting firm. More detail on the BOD will be provided on the BOD meeting in upcoming minutes.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An item from the BOD that was not previously published until the Chapter Director was officially informed is that the BOD approved a new Chapter . This Chapter will be known as the Gateway Performance Chapter. The existing Gateway Chapter was informed prior to acceptance and welcomes having another Chapter in its Geographical area. We welcome this Chapter, and the BOD is excited that some new BCA members will come aboard as a result .

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The BOD has realized that Ebugle members do not get the outside cover wrapper that generally lists the National Meet and other matters as a part of their subscription. That has been changed and from now on, that will be included as part of the EBugle. some of the first items to be seen will be the upcoming SOP changes and the latest financial report. Regular members have always had access to the cover wrapper.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The BOD minutes of the teleconference of 7/8/2019 have been posted on the BCA web page 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The SOP and bylaw changes proposed by the SOP committed and recommended to the BOD will be posted on the covers section of the Bugle for member review and comment.recomended

Edited by Jack Welch (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason, the link does not work, at least for me, to the minutes.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brad Conley said:

For some reason, the link does not work, at least for me, to the minutes.

Nor for me...reads "page cannot be displayed".  I believe the url link is incorrect.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Sorry Jack, but same here. I clicked on the link for the BOD 2019-07 teleconfrence call and was sent to a webpage DNSRsearch.com.

 

Carl

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 1937-44 said:

 Sorry Jack, but same here. I clicked on the link for the BOD 2019-07 teleconfrence call and was sent to a webpage DNSRsearch.com.

 

Carl

Carl, Daviid  and Brad. I have the BCA Webmaster checking in to the problem.  I could not get troughh either.

Jack

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next BCA BOD Meeting is on this Wed. Evening 9-18-2019 VIA teleconference. The agenda is as follows:

AGENDA BCA BOD

September 18, 2019 7:00 PM Eastern

 

 

Roll Call

Secretary’s report:  Approval of Minutes…………………………………………………………………. Jack Welch  

Treasurer’s report:  Update on Audit and Status……………………………………………………Bill Stoneberg 

Committee Reports and recommendations: 

   Personnel:                                          Sid Meyer, Chair:  Alan Oldfield, Roberta Vasilow members 

   SOP:                                                                  John Steed, Chair:  Jack Welch, Mike Book members                                                       Final approval of SOP’s and Bylaws as printed in the September Bugle  

    Candidate Procedure:                                                                                          Pete Phillips, Chair   

    Finance:                                                  Bill Stoneberg, Chair: Sid Meyer, Jerry Courson members 

    Membership Growth:                                  Alan Oldfield, Chair:  Mike Book, Sid Meyer members 

Report on BCA Insurance                                                                                                   Alan Oldfield 

Report on Mecum Auction                                                                                                 Alan Oldfield  

Report Chapter Coordinator                                                                                            Roberta Vasilow            

Report on Web page                                                                                                         Roberta Vasilow

Report on Online Bugles                                                                                                   Bill Stoneberg 

Other Business 

Next Meeting October 16, 2019 7:00 PM?

Edited by Jack Welch (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During the Sept 18 BOD meeting, the SOP revisions were approved and will be posted on the BCA web site.

Minutes from that meeting will be posted on the BCA WEB site following their approval at the Oct BOD teleconference meeting .

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now