Cinch top fasteners

chistech

I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. My Lebarron Bonney roof kit for my Olds has 5 Cinch eyelet/grommets that I need to attach to the bottom edge of my rear window curtain. I tried using a grommet set tool and ruined one of the 5 eyelets that they gave me with the roof. Restorations specialites shows the eyelets and they show an installation tool but the tool doesn't look quite right. I am contacting them tomorrow but with LB gone, my source of information on some of these obscure fasteners is no longer. I'm looking for more information as to who makes them and if someone has a proper good tool they'd sell or rent. If it comes to it, I'll turn up a tool and die on my lathe but I could spend my time elsewhere if there is a tool available out there.

NOTE: I also so the cinch fasteners listed in Mac's Model A but no setting tool. 

image.jpeg.7dba57ad4f4629caf60dbdd6a31c16b2.jpegImage result for cinch antique car top fasteners

Edited by chistech (see edit history)

Decided to just take an hour and make up a setting tool. Turned it on my lathe and put a shoulder on it for a compression spring I made up. The spring applies pressure down on the washer as you hammer on the setting pin compressing the washer into the fabric. It worked perfectly.

629E7058-CB89-486F-9ED2-DECDE8AD24A3.jpeg

592E5E4F-3E4F-48F6-ADF8-32CCFD67EB79.jpeg

F2842940-1668-4A1F-B10C-84E5385C9F78.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JV Puleo said:

What size are the eylets? I'm not sure what size I have but I have thousands of them. I think I have the setting tool as well.

jp

Not sure the size. They are Cinch eyelets and washers. They are different from standard grommets and sizes. I believe the hole punched is 3/8s but the inside hole of the grommet is smaller  of course.