Who wants to start their own junkyard for only $29k?

Attention 1950's collectors. Whole - lot being sold as one package, you haul. My deceased husbands acre dirt field of outdoor/barnyard finds - his treasures of endless 1957-1959 Ford Retractable Cars; Ford Ranchero's, a Kaiser-Fraser, Ford Fairlane's, Ford/Chevy Station Wagon's, Ford Convertible, Ford T-Bird's, (convertibles/hardtops), (2) Corvair's; 1968 Chrysler Convertible; 1972 Duster; (3) Cadillac's 1990 Allante, 1989 Allante, 1984 Seville; a few odds-ends vehicles thrown in as well. His field of restoration dreams has apprxm. 55 cars available for your bargain shopping. With this total collection comes tons of clean car chrome/glass/parts galore, motors, transmission, everything you need to restore it, or resell it. I am asking $29,000.00 for the entire field of everything car related, but if you are able to remove every vehicle by July 17, 2019; I will deduct $100 a week for every week you meet the 07/17/19 deadline. So potentially you have a chance of knocking up to $600.00 off of your total purchase price. This restoration field of dreams is located on the FL West Coast near I-75, and I have all the Titles.

Price: $29,000 negotiable 

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/unspecified/2278855.html

67059813-770-0@2X.jpg

Edited by Lebowski (see edit history)

OK, 55 cars and the only photo they post is of two clapped out 59 retractables (those must be the best there)?  The rest must be really terrible.  Florida is good for 20 year old cars with no undercarriage rust but I wonder how great any of that chrome is, much less other rot from the damp climate. 

Over here no one wants to pay anything for the parts unless they are pristine unless they are crazy rare and desirable.  When I started ebay over 10 years ago,  I sold tons of decent used parts for good money,  then moved to NOS parts as the used ones were near impossible to find in good shape then even buyers didn't want to pay anything for Nice NOS parts which I had to pay good money to buy wholesale,  then identify clean list and ship everything, so I got out of parts. I also got tired of buying every bodies junk just to skin a few good parts out of the lot because I invested probably atleast $20,000 in parts books so I could find that bit of gold in the pile of coal. 

Felt really good to sell it all off for $1000 a truck load when I sold my shop and that's a Uhaul not a pickup.  

Besides you need to have the place to put 55 cars (Many of which probably have flat tires and stuck brakes)  Most towns won't let you have more than 2 without a special (impossible to get) license.  Even on the better cars,  what do you do with 90% of the car no one wants? Once that first 10% is gone,  there is no more profit to be made.

I'm with Matt run fast and hard to get away. 

• Like 1

One of the more serious yards may negotiate on this.

It does say price negotiable.

The way to do it would be to have your fleet of trucks available and your offer in hand. Might even be free (or even get paid) if done right.

With a due date in the mix I would guess the place is sold.

38 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

OK, 55 cars and the only photo they post is of two clapped out 59 retractables (those must be the best there)?  The rest must be really terrible.  Florida is good for 20 year old cars with no undercarriage rust but I wonder how great any of that chrome is, much less other rot from the damp climate. 

I'm thinking the one on the left is a Ranchero.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/pts/d/largo-barn-find-1959-ford-skyliner/6907187445.html

Barn Find 1959 Ford Skyliner Convertible Retractable - $8500 (Largo)

This is a complete, solid 50's convertible in period colors of bright turquoise and white. It has the steel retractable hardtop that folds into the trunk. It has been parked in this same spot for over 25 years. It of course has flat tires and does not run. $8,500

Is this the same one? Looks to be the same color.

14 hours ago, mike6024 said:

Is this the same one? Looks to be the same color.

I don’t think so, that’s a very popular color combo and in the first picture the car is sitting pretty low, like it’s missing the rear end completely. I don’t think it’s the same one but there is nothing says she didn’t sell off the cream before putting the rest into the package deal... 

Sadly you would be hard pressed to sell this in a year let alone a month. I agree with licespray that there are probably some good project cars here. But the logistics of even moving all those cars across the street would use up a month. To get involved with something like this she would have to be offering them for say double scrap value. The best 20 or 25 might get saved before the buyer runs out of time and has to scrap the remainder. The way the lady has things set up they all are going to get scrapped.

Greg in Canada

• Like 1