Sign in to follow this  
Mark Huston

Saw a Model T today

I stopped by my brother’s house today in my 1929 Studebaker.   My brother had a young guy in his 30s who was looking at buying my brother’s 1948 Chrysler New Yorker.   The buyer drove over to his house in a stock 1925 Model T with the hood off.   Nice to see there are younger guys interested in stock older cars.   

12DC6FCF-01E1-436E-94CC-BAA623F6E65B.jpeg

D4C67EA9-8D6E-4F4E-BC43-23B0FDD6BCC8.jpeg

• Like 3

Those are some fine looking cars.

And his new Studie even has the correct YOM plates.

Sorta runs contrary to the thread about interest in pre-war cars dying doesn't it. 

• Like 5

Studebaker was a good car to race on the board tracks back in the late 1920's, back when stock cars were really stock cars. Bob 

Looks like your brother caught the Studebaker Affliction from you Mark.  All cool cars and I love seeing you all use them.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Paul Dobbin said:

Looks like your brother caught the Studebaker Affliction from you Mark.  

My brother has been a Studebaker guy for a long time.  This is his third 1929 President.  His previous one he had for over 20 years was a 1929 FE President 7 passenger touring.  His soon to be ex wife nagged him into selling it.   A decision he has regretted ever since.   The 1929 President Cabriolet is as close to an open Studebaker President as he can get to replace his touring.   Here is a picture of his lost touring.  

4F9517DE-B3A3-45C2-B141-8AA83340E50E.jpeg

E821E767-1C66-4655-B360-0827C4F395E0.jpeg

Edited by Mark Huston (see edit history)

Today, my brother got to drive his newly acquired 1929 Studebaker President Cabriolet for the first time.   He took delivery of the car a week ago.  It was sold as a running car but delivered in non running condition.   Turned out to be a bad rotor in the distributor.   President’s have a dual coil dual points ignition system.   

220BB75B-7BE3-4DB6-9456-70573F3EA7B8.jpeg

38D22D4B-AC52-4B47-A093-A57906905425.jpeg

• Like 2