Curti

AACA Parts Reproduction Offer

Has the club decided which parts they are considering to reproduce ?  Have the members been notified?

Well, it is not AACA that will be producing the parts but a "friend" of the club.  They have identified at least 90 that fit their parameters to start.  However, everyone who applied is going to get something in the mail that will be super unique.  They are working diligently on the communication back to the chosen 100.  

• Like 4

Kudos to him/her and a big thank you to him/her for being so generous for doing this project for the chosen ones.

Will we be shown the type of projects that were chosen?

I'm sure they will make good choices but I was somewhat frustrated that I could only send one picture .I had searched the internet for pictures of various Chrysler products of different years that used the same part in a much deteriorated state.

Also, I'm not sure if my whole narrative of why I thought it would be a good part to reproduce was seen.

A couple of things, on this website a new forum will begin.  Strictly limited at this time to those that were chosen and those that expressed an interest.  It will be a community that can discuss the projects, show pictures, etc.  Once that is on the way I am sure there will be some type of communication about the program and items chosen.

Sorry about any frustration but everything that was sent in was turned over to the project managers. 

It appears to me that they have started with smaller parts, not large items like manifolds, etc.  They also chose people who gave them a lot of information and some of you even had CAD drawings.

We were visited by the project managers last week and they really have a cool idea for a gift and they are moving forward on that.

• Like 3

Being strictly limited will us peons be able to at least follow these discussions?

• Like 2

No, at the start they wanted to keep the type of discussions among those that expressed an interest in the project.  This is sort of like a focus group (a large one as we had 400 or so people apply).  Eventually I would suspect they will make the information available to the masses as I stated in my post. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1