SOLD What is this from it might be a Stutz sign SOLD

Mark Gregory

Dealer ( Auto - Motorcycle - Truck - Tire ) building sign. Probably around 100 yrs. old. Would be a statement piece outside any museum or car-truck or gas-n-oil display. Don't know what brand it was , someone said REO , Harley, or ?? even Indy 500. Believe it's concrete so very heavy. Local pickup or you pay shipping ( Already on pallet ) 
Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

The original Stutz dealership in Seattle had the same casting on their building. When the building was being torn down 30 years ago I asked if I could have it and the developer told me yes. I watched as they very carefully pried the casting off of the front of the building, there were long steel rods fastened to the front of the building and the casting was slid over the rods . They were having some difficulty getting the casting out from the face of the building. 2 guys one on each side prying with 2x6's little by little, then all of a sudden it moved easily and then crashed down on the sidewalk and broke in a zillion pieces. Easy come easy go!!!

just sayin'

brasscarguy

3 minutes ago, brasscarguy said:

The original Stutz dealership in Seattle had the same casting on their building. When the building was being torn down 30 years ago I asked if I could have it and the developer told me yes. I watched as they very carefully pried the casting off of the front of the building, there were long steel rods fastened to the front of the building and the casting was slid over the rods . They were having some difficulty getting the casting out from the face of the building. 2 guys one on each side prying with 2x6's little by little, then all of a sudden it moved easily and then crashed down on the sidewalk and broke in a zillion pieces. Easy come easy go!!!

just sayin'

brasscarguy

That must have been heartbreaking to witness.

• 2 weeks later...