Why are these car windows down..???

Wowabunga

Enjoyed the replies... George wins.

I approach and said "I have just one question...".  Driver begins to tell me it's a TR6, the poor man's Jaguar.  I complete my sentence asking WHY ARE THE WINDOWS DOWN..?

Oh he say it's got a mouse in it somewhere and it smells.  Car fresh out of storage.  Neat looking ride... Happy new owner.

• Like 3

I don't claim to be a TR6 expert, but that looks more like a Spitfire than a TR6.

And the car is loaded too far forward, too much tongue weight and not enough weight over the axles.

Turn the car around with the engine more over the axles and it would be better.

Edited by zepher (see edit history)
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wowabunga said:

Traveling 70 mph down l-81 why would anyone leave the windows down in a classic car

I do not see a classic car.

I saw the flat land surrounding the area and first thought midwest tornado area. So the windows could be down to equalize pressure. Then the U-Haul trailer and, hmmm, could this be a novice? Oh, the Ford van. A Ford is a sure sign of someone who spends weekends working on their car. And now he has a Brit car, too.

Well, it should be home by now and, if the fuel pump works, those SU's will have taken care of the mouse pee smell.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Wowabunga said:

Enjoyed the replies... George wins.

I approach and said "I have just one question...".  Driver begins to tell me it's a TR6, the poor man's Jaguar.  I complete my sentence asking WHY ARE THE WINDOWS DOWN..?

Oh he say it's got a mouse in it somewhere and it smells.  Car fresh out of storage.  Neat looking ride... Happy new owner.

What do I win?

These were a cool car back in the early 70's.  A friend bought one (in Nova Scotia Canada).

She lived along the ocean in a constant damp area. Wasn't much fun trying to get it running in the fog.

Had to take the cap and wires off and dry out in the kitchen oven without cracking the Lucas Bake-o-lite.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FLYER15015 said:

A better question would be, if he truly values the car, why would he tow it on an open trailer.

Unless he needs more rock chips from the Ford van ?

Mike in Colorado

In Canada enclosed trailers are a lot more expensive. A good open trailer is about 3 G's . Enclosed trailers start at 9 G's and go up. Someone with a project GT6 is probably not too flush with cash.

My open car trailer came from my friends father who used it to haul his Duesenberg Model J during the various stages of restoration.  Once the car was finished he bought a enclosed trailer and the open one was surplus to his needs.  Otherwise they are both a big chunk of cash and a real pain to tow around. Particularly to back up singlehanded.

Greg in Canada

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...