Sign in to follow this  
Seafoam65

Jason Zerbini's 66GS for sale on Hemmings.com for 110K

3 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

there's lots of R12 floating around.....I have about 60 lbs of it on my shelf.

Yep. Plenty of it, though getting more expensive.

7 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

there's lots of R12 floating around.....I have about 60 lbs of it on my shelf.

And I just found a case of it at a garage sale.

R12 recover and recharge machines are cheap.  Seen several recently on craigslist.   Worrisome thing with R12 going forward is finding a tech with the right equipment to remove the gas for any kind of service/repair to the system.  Intentional venting to the air is a huge no no.  

2 hours ago, Zimm63 said:

R12 recover and recharge machines are cheap.  Seen several recently on craigslist.

There's one on the local CL now for $150 OBO.  R12 is going for $25 per can in a different ad.  Assuming those are 12 or 14 oz. cans, that $100-125 for a full charge.  IOW, if you can recover and reuse a full charge, you got the machine for free.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:48 PM, Pat Curran said:

It looks like something GM would have displayed in the show circuit back in the day.  The only thing that could enhance this display would be to have a cutaway of the nailhead on an engine stand!

20 hours ago, 1967 - 1997 Riviera said:

I wonder where he got the R-12 refrigerant to recharge the AC?

20 hours ago, 1967 - 1997 Riviera said:

I wonder where he got the R-12 refrigerant to recharge the AC?

Not a problem if you are willing to look. A friend just got 66 lbs tested pure R12 for $500.00. No joke I witnessed the transaction.

Turbinator

PS as much aggravation I’ve had with my AC I should buy stock in the companies that make the stuff.

3 hours ago, Zimm63 said:

R12 recover and recharge machines are cheap.  Seen several recently on craigslist.   Worrisome thing with R12 going forward is finding a tech with the right equipment to remove the gas for any kind of service/repair to the system.  Intentional venting to the air is a huge no no.  

Zimm, R&M on the shore told me they handle what you need. I’ve never dealt with them, but that is what they told me.  Secondly, using the recovery equipment requires genuine know how. You could hurt yourself big time if you are not careful.

3 hours ago, Zimm63 said:

JUST READ THE DIRECTIONS!!!!

R&M in Cambridge?  

Picking up a pair of snap on machines in working condition on Monday.  They are a bit up the road, but cheap enough to make the trip worthwhile.  Worse case, I'm out a couple bucks and some time.

Spent some time reading the 609 certification sudy guide and plan to read the manuals very carefully before attempting to use them.  I also have a friend who has experience in this area.  We'll see how it goes.

When, how, and why did this thread about the sale of Jason's '66 get hijacked into a thread on a/c refrigerants?

It's not that effing hard to start a new thread!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, RivNut said:

When, how, and why did this thread about the sale of Jason's '66 get hijacked into a thread on a/c refrigerants?

Well, Jason's car does have A/C...

• Haha 2

Yeah it does.  It also has tires, oil, brakes, and every thing else that all cars have.  Perhaps everyone should pick one item and ask where that was obtained.  😎  Just kidding.  I think everyone got the point.  DON'T HIJACK THREADS BECAUSE YOURE TOO LAZY TO START A NEW ONE. It ruins the integrity of the original thread.

• Thanks 1

Somebody wondered where he got the R12 to charge the AC.  That sent us down the rabbit hole.  Happens.

Something like this huh. :D No real harm in this unless its really critical tech info that might be easier to find a year from now in a search.

As far as the R12 I have found it to be easier and cheaper to get now than 20-25 years ago. I believe this is because many people hoarded it and after many years they no longer have a use for it as many systems have been converted and/or they no longer have a car requiring R12, or heck, they may have even passed away.:( 

thread_direction_c431285376370a7c092e8682581a121b4a1b945d.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2019 at 7:17 AM, PWB said:

Now, which comedian (with coffee) would fit this ride?

I'm thinkin' some domestic, senior, classy guy...Johnny Carson would have fit the bill.

The guy Seinfeld picked to take out in a Riviera was named George Wallace.

image.thumb.png.deabe8d08fe9383f34e34adc4ceca492.png

No idea who he is. And I don't even know if Steinfeld is working anymore. I never got into his show. Maybe it was the butter knife edginess that was lost on me.

Bernie

• Haha 1