Sign in to follow this  
avgwarhawk

Buick Racing

5 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

That is a great die cast Buick.  Where did you find it?  

I had seen them some time ago.  I just Googled Panamericana Buick and clicked on the images link tnen scrolled through the pictures.  Find the picture and tap it.  It should take you to the seller.

There is also some footage on YouTube of a 55 Buick on the course during a later time period.  The body of the car may be a 55 Buick, but that ain't no 322 nailhead providing the power.  I thought I read somewhere that the engine was a NASCAR prepped 440 Mopar.

Looks like a ton o' fun.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, RivNut said:

I had seen them some time ago.  I just Googled Panamericana Buick and clicked on the images link tnen scrolled through the pictures.  Find the picture and tap it.  It should take you to the seller.

There is also some footage on YouTube of a 55 Buick on the course during a later time period.  The body of the car may be a 55 Buick, but that ain't no 322 nailhead providing the power.  I thought I read somewhere that the engine was a NASCAR prepped 440 Mopar.

Looks like a ton o' fun.

I'm familiar with the 54 Buick and I believe it was running a Chevy 454?  Not sure.  There was two as shown on Youtube.   

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)

From some things that I've read, the Buick grill had the least coefficient of drag.  What engine was in the car is the question.  50:1 odds it was a 355 small block Chevrolet. 

On 7/5/2019 at 11:01 AM, avgwarhawk said:

063e3c0622ac8ea1f9e34c25e620e2d4.jpg&f=1

Neat.  Can anyone positively ID?  The hood and headlights appear the same as my Skyhawk, but the grille is different.  By 1979, they’d gone to single square headlights.  I haven’t looked just yet.

On 7/7/2019 at 10:44 AM, Thriller said:

Neat.  Can anyone positively ID?  The hood and headlights appear the same as my Skyhawk, but the grille is different.  By 1979, they’d gone to single square headlights.  I haven’t looked just yet.

78 Skyhawk

b11-e1446957549400.jpg 

• Like 1