Sign in to follow this  
Thriller

Southbound Skyhawk

On 6/14/2019 at 12:07 AM, Thriller said:

I don’t seem to have a photo of that...but it kept the rain out Tuesday night.  @Jack Welch said he took one.

The "original" gas cap. Derek wisely took this off prior to judging. I think the bag would have passed muster during judging,,  but only "period" duct tape would have saved point loss. Color coordinated duct tape was not a factory accessory in 1976. 

_MG_7489.jpg

Edited by Jack Welch (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Correction @Jack Welch, that was electrical tape.  It did the necessary deed of keeping the rain out Tuesday night.  JD - that’s right, although I don’t know if Archival is treated the same in this respect...The Mouth of the South was team captain for the team and he told me they didn’t deduct for it.  @old-tank I was born a redneck and will likely stay that way, at least somewhat...city living is softening me.

We made it home just after 6:00 today...so about 13 hours yesterday and 10 today.  The border was a breeze, although I did choose the wrong line...regardless there were two lanes open with one in each lane so it wasn’t much of a wait.  

Here’s how the cap is supposed to look, albeit without the tape residue....

46E7B954-1A44-459A-9F06-13087EB390B7.thumb.jpeg.996882d2e4eafb4463e5f6f64d58147e.jpeg

Here are badges of honour, although we had rain yesterday pretty much through Oklahoma and in cloud and sprinkles much of today.

7A4CBBDA-0CBA-4665-A82A-9ACED119CB5E.thumb.jpeg.00f4abe6a7429b76eef6d074df42c702.jpeg

I came home to this sad-looking poodle.  He had bloat (stomach turned around and things got twisted up so acid was building up) and has responded well to the treatment.  He doesn’t need the cone when supervised (now I know).  When we got home, Suzanne was off getting his sister so it didn’t come off immediately.  He’s got a patch for pain on rear driver side leg that comes off Friday...he isn’t acting like he’s feeling any pain.

7D988124-CC93-4592-952B-402F897C6D28.thumb.jpeg.30ae4b16554cd4fe36621cd0e46945b0.jpeg

I’ll put down some more thoughts later.  Right now there’s still some unpacking / organizing to do, then supper.

• Like 2

Glad you are home safely! Good thing you found that cap otherwise the border security folks may not have been as forgiving about the suspicious looking electrical tape as Bruce...lol

@Thriller Just curious: how many Skyhawks are out there? Do you associate with the Monza, Starfire, and Sunbird folks?