1909-1910 34 x 4 wood wheels/ tire rims

DFeeney

Hello,  I am looking for four 34x4  good wood wheels ( two front-two rear) and wheel rims for a 1909-1910 Buick.  Mounted old tires would be a plus.  Can you help?     Don in central Ohio 

Has to be a Model 16 or 17 Buick.  The hard part is finding a set with the three rings per wheel, a lock ring and two reversible side rings, so that you can use either a clincher or a straight side tire.  

If Don has the hard stuff, I'd jump on it if I were you, you can always have the wood added...

Hello Larry,   I am building what I call a Vanderbuilt racer much like the Famous Locomobile " Old 16" which is now in the  motor city.  I plan to use as many period parts as I can find.  I'm  starting with a a 1914 Cadillac chassis with RH steering.  I would like to find a set of 34 x 4 wood wheels/tire rims.  I could go smaller depending what becomes available however I would like to stat in the 1905-1912 period.  I enjoy building things from pieces that many people would throw away .Attached are photos of the 1922 Studebaker Big 6 racer that I have just finished. It started life as a touring car, was converted into a truck and set for 40 years.  When I bought it 7 years ago it was beyond restoration.  However I had a vision of a dirt track racer that  was built  "Back in the Day"   I have the same winter here in central Ohio that you do in Michigan and it keeps me busy in the heated workshop.  Can you help or point me to someone who might have a set of wheels,   thanks for your interest.  Don  Feeney  740-816-4284

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

• 2 months later...

Hi Don I have made something similar based on a Stude Light 6  I have sent a picture   my E-Address is   info@bbvhovercraft.co.uk  I couldn't find rims for my wooden 21" wheels but found a set of Chevy beaded edge wheels that look the part and I am sure I have seen similar on US E-Bay  Regards Bill

Image (4).jpg

LH Motor 1.JPG