"51 Buick Special Free-ish Looking for a good home

FREE -ish!!!! I have a '51 Buick Special 4 door in  good running condition with good body, interior, and paint (some issues but all original). It was my great-grandmothers and has been in the family since it was first purchased, I would like to give it to someone that will appreciate it and enjoy it. I became keeper of the car 7 years ago and totally unqualified for the job...and I am downsizing. Please come rescue this wonderful car and give it a good, loving home.

It is located in Oklahoma (Lawton). If you are willing to pay for transport or come pick it up, and title transfer costs, it's yours. First come, first serve (and a little interview to know that it's going to a good home).

Text me at 503.830.5561 for more information.

Photos available upon request

• Like 4

the BCA are having the annual meet in Oklahoma city this week

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/326290-2019-bca-national-meet-midwest-city-ok/

So many buyers not far from you

Re post here--> https://forums.aaca.org/forum/12-buick-buysell/

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)
  • Like 1

@1939_Buick - thank you for reposting it! I will follow.

I'll look into the annual meet-up, but won't be able to make it till Thursday. Hopefully, many will see this and be interested because it's so close. Thank you!

Boy that's a Dandy,  as much as I would love to have it,  I'll step back and let hopefully a new member who's been just itching to get into the hobby but maybe a tad short on cash to get something this nice, the chance.  It is a very generous offer and a great chance for the right guy or girl.   Wow where was something like this when i was getting into the hobby,  lusting after every piece of old iron I could find. 

Remember anyone interested,  you need a garage to keep this baby in.  Would really be a shame for someone to get it and stick it outside under a tarp or worse.  (I've seen it happen even with some of the nicest cars guys actually paid good money for) 

I know of a beautiful little 50 Chevy coupe right now loaded with accessories that is sitting in a driveway and has been for 2 years now in front of a new 3 car garage.  This is in the Northeast with our severe weather and ridiculous humidity. 

Good luck,  hopefully someone really deserving gives it a new good home. 

• Like 4

Sent you text and left voicemail.

Son-in-law is VP of our AACA Chapter, and along with my daughter who grew up in the hobby, would be an excellent caretaker for this lovely and apparently solid Buick with a nice history

They are excited to hear back from you

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hello Everyone!

Thank you for all the offers of adopting the family "51 Buick. I have found a few people that are a great fit and will finalize the 'adoption paperwork' after they have taken a look at it. Those chosen were the first ones to respond AND also wanted to keep it in Historic Preservation condition. They were also interested in the story behind the car. Everyone was so enthusiastic and passionate about the car and I thank you all for being such great caretakers and enthusiasts. Keep your eye out for it and a meet-up or show near you! I am sure it will be out there for your enjoyment. Thank you all so much. I will post the new owner here once everything is finalized and they pick it up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

This was a very generous offer. I'm glad some hot rodder or "customizer" didn't see the "free-ish" as an opportunity to butcher what looks to be a very nice vehicle. Hopefully they aren't flippers, either. Congrats to the new owners and many kudos to their wonderful benefactors.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 6/12/2019 at 5:00 PM, JamesR said:

This was a very generous offer. I'm glad some hot rodder or "customizer" didn't see the "free-ish" as an opportunity to butcher what looks to be a very nice vehicle. Hopefully they aren't flippers, either. Congrats to the new owners and many kudos to their wonderful benefactors.

Sold as https://forums.aaca.org/topic/328258-free-1951-special-4-door/

And it has a standard transmission (3 pedals)

Looks very good.  Normally cars that are free-ish would be expected to be in poor condition

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)