What happened to Matt Harwood's thread on his '35 Lincoln?

From what I understand both the car and the thread are dead. Another member seemed to say some not nice things so the thread got canned and from what I can read between the lines I think it seems like Matt crushed the car???

47 minutes ago, billorn said:

From what I understand both the car and the thread are dead.

There was a lot of good info in that thread about sources, methods, and what not.  A lot of folks contributed time, effort, and expertise.  Seems a shame to throw all that away because a couple of folks go off the rails.

49 minutes ago, billorn said:

...it seems like Matt crushed the car???

Perhaps the most diplomatic thing that could be said is that is unfortunate if true.

• Like 2

Whatever Matt is doing or has done with the Lincoln, there has to be a good story there and when the time is right I hope he will post it on the forum in his own enjoyable style.

I agree there was a wealth of information lost when the thread went away.

• Like 1

What Matt giveth................  Yes, I too am sorry this highly informational topic was taken away. BUT From my reading on forum, PM and past phone calls with Matt, I am quite sure this is a VERY sore subject. I suggest we don't bring this up with him. The healing process will,  "Be made easier............... to erase from his memory............. each day, more and more". (Fairly accurate translation from  "Se Me Hizo Facil" by Los Panchos, one of the greatest of the great Mexican romantic trios, primarily from the period of the 1940s - '50s. Of course, Cadillac had a dealership in Mexico City, and as compression ratios rose during this time, export compression was at around 7:1. A good choice :even until as recently as maybe 25 years or so ago, Mexican gasoline was still in the 70s of octane. My '71 Eldo, even with a relatively low c.r. of 8.5:1, and a unique to that year long duration camshaft, couldn't handle that 70 something octane stuff at low elevations. Great for the high altitude areas, but down at the hot, humid beaches, forget it ! I bored it .050 over, to 514 cubes, and dropped down to 7:1 with forged pistons. Easily took full throttle at beach level with 12 degrees of advance. Still capable of holding steady 100+ mph cruise hour after hour through the Northern  Mexican deserts. - Oh, the wonderful things we oldsters were capable of when we were youngsters. See you in the cantina !..................... Sigh !)

See ? Just for a moment, we forgot this sad episode. Poor Matt needs more of that.    -   Cadillac Carl 

Edited by C Carl
Miscellaneous clean up (see edit history)