66coupe

2020 Grand National Allentown-UPDATED!!!!!

Steve Moskowitz

The Grand National dates have been changed due to a trailer parking issue.  New and final date is July 23-25th

Message added by Steve Moskowitz

Steve Moskowitz

The Grand National dates have been changed due to a trailer parking issue.  New and final date is July 23-25th.  Message added by Steve Moskowitz

Thanks for the update and information, Steve--appreciate the notification so we can change our hotel reservations.

• Like 1

Steve,

Have you and the team considered having the showfield open to registered cars and members on Friday for display only?  I was at the BCA show at the NB center in 2016 with our car and Friday was the most enjoyable day of the whole event.  Just about everyone that registered a car for the show was there with their car and everyone had a chance to walk around and see all the cars since they did not have to focus on prepping their cars until the next day.  Having the showfield open on Friday also gives everyone a chance to get registered the day before and find their assigned spot, taking all of that effort out of Saturday so the event team can focus on judging and other things.  

I was at the 2019 AGNM in Auburn, and my biggest disappointment was not getting to adequately walk around see all of the cars.  With close to 400 cars at the meet, there was no way to see all of the cars at the show as well as get mine preped for judging and stay with the car til it was judged.  If the show field had been open on Friday, everyone could have walked around to see all of the cars and socialized more around their cars.  Then Sat. everyone could focus on their car and judging.

We have not but I will discuss with the team.  Friday night we plan an outdoor movie at the complex. 

• Like 2

If there’s not going to be a host hotel where would the banquet be held Saturday and what time. 

I am sorry, those plans are not finalized yet.  We are still working on finding the most suitable place.  With so many meets prior to the GN we have had to focus on them first but hope to have everything done by the end of November.

Not yet!!  Sorry, but we are still nailing down the details and will let everyone know ASAP.  Hope is January/February things will be ready if not sooner.  We had hope to have it done This month but it is not going to happen.  This is going to be a big meet with 700 cars expected and that is presenting a lot of challenges.

The BCA had a great place for their banquet.  Are you considering that place?  I won a Senior at Mobile.  Under the new rules that car is eligible for the 2020 Grand National, is that correct?

Under the new and old rules Earl your car is eligible.  No, we will not be going to the site of the past BCA banquet.  That has been ruled out.  We are looking for a place that best represents a Grand National and the Ag complex just doesn't work for what we want to do.  

Will be going to the NB Center in Allentown for a private tour Veterans day (Nov. 11) with Marty Schorr of Cars magazine, Motion cars and Buick PR fame. We will be getting a private tour and spending the day with Keith Flickinger. Mr Bulgari is heading back to Rome this Wednesday. Will post pictures when I return home. Looking forward to being there again and having the private tour and lunch on the premises.

• Like 1

Photos are now posted on the AACA FaceBook page. Almost 300 pictures. A huge Thank you to Mr. Bulgari for inviting us. Another thank you to Marty Schorr for arranging this. You are a great friend and I highly value our relationship. Thank you also to my new friend Kieth Flickinger, your enthusiasm and knowledge, and you and your crews workmanship are second to none. The 50 Anniversary of the BCA at the facility was a wonderful experience. Yesterday was even better.

IMG_2076.JPG

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2364.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)

Well the new date ruined my plans for going. I had already planned on the National antique Oldsmobile show (July 22-24) because it’s in Lansing and can’t be in a more appropriate venue. It will be my first NAOC show with my 32’. My original plan was to go to Allentown first, the Lansing. Oh well.

Thanks for posting the photos, Phillip!  I just saw them.  Marion & I are really looking forward to the 2020 Grand Nationals and visiting the NB Center (and to seeing you at the show).

• Like 1