1 of 454 LX non-GS ’65 Riv … Rare but Rusty ... SOLD

Rivman

Long story short, I have more projects than I will EVER be able to complete. I bought this car because of the novelty as much as anything else, and thought it would be a decent project. However, once it got home, I realized just how much of a project it was going to be. AND, a few years after buying this one I found more what I had been wanting, my flame red/white interior ’65 GS. I need to downsize and am starting here with this one so I can hopefully get something going on the red GS.

I paid WAY too much for the car, it has rust issues as stated in the subject, runs OK, has brake issues, possibly the booster, and will be a huge project to get it right. The trunk, floors, and pretty much everything is rusty. I can’t really tell much about the body panels, the paint is years old, pretty thick, and cracking in several places. Where the paint has cracked off there is a good bit of surface rust. I am attaching several pictures that hopefully capture the details. I am reducing their size so I can post several, if interested in bigger pictures you can zoom in on, let me know and I will send them to you.

1709394004_Adforforum-June2019-1.thumb.jpg.73bf53ae75d4d6a0f3bdaf7a78d53e9e.jpg 752075263_Adforforum-June2019-2.thumb.jpg.2080d61b7a52fee82a362b4c095c2b51.jpg

1687598530_Adforforum-June2019-3.thumb.jpg.6eb4ce48ab97d8db9263235f03fea9ec.jpg 1166341228_Adforforum-June2019-4.thumb.jpg.bdd2f60ce2cd072f718118123c583d20.jpg

275806392_Adforforum-June2019-5.thumb.jpg.83142de692b6f8e1edae2b71ac4cc8b4.jpg

As I said, I paid way too much for it, I am posting it here to see if there is ANY interest in a rare project at a fairly reasonable price. I would think that even if the car is not worth fixing the LX engine has to be worth “something.” If you are interested in a project that “could” have some value when complete, make me an offer.

Edited by Rivman
Title change (see edit history)
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, lrlforfun said:

OK Randy: It  doesn't look that bad. How does it run?  At the right price EVERYBODY in Dodge wants it. And the right price is????????????????  And, where is the car located?  Mitch

OK Mitchie: Exactly what does bad look like to you? Sure, it could maybe be patched and driven, but what would it take to make it right? It runs and drives as I said above, I probably would not race it as is, but it runs OK. You are the '63-'65 Riviera expert, what would you offer me for it? That is why I am posting it here, to see if there is anyone actually interested in it.

Sorry, I did not realize my location was gone from beneath my avatar, I have corrected that. The car is located in North Carolina, probably the wrong coast for your purposes.

Sure it's kinda crusty, BUT in all honesty to me eye it's not that BAD.  IF you had the talent & the time for those it would be a fairly straight forward fab job.  For those who can't or won't & have to send it out you'll be backwards before you know it.  Then there's the "while I'm at it" takes over & your now your farther backwards.

IF it was a real GS then it MAY be worth it.

I'll put my 2 cents in & say 15K or so depending on the amount of options.

Definitely a balancing act for the next owner. 1) Enjoy it as a summer driver. or, 2) Combine it with another car with mostly DIY work.

It has AC, has what appears to be a good windshield and original!

Since getting back into Rivieras a few years back, I've come across too many Rivs being parted-out including a KX that was rusted way worse than this one.

Keep it going and off the grass!

John B.

18 hours ago, telriv said:

Sure it's kinda crusty, BUT in all honesty to me eye it's not that BAD.  IF you had the talent & the time for those it would be a fairly straight forward fab job.  For those who can't or won't & have to send it out you'll be backwards before you know it.  Then there's the "while I'm at it" takes over & your now your farther backwards.

IF it was a real GS then it MAY be worth it.

I'll put my 2 cents in & say 15K or so depending on the amount of options.

15K or so Sounds Great!

If I can get even close to that it's gone.

9 hours ago, XframeFX said:

Definitely a balancing act for the next owner. 1) Enjoy it as a summer driver. or, 2) Combine it with another car with mostly DIY work.

It has AC, has what appears to be a good windshield and original!

Since getting back into Rivieras a few years back, I've come across too many Rivs being parted-out including a KX that was rusted way worse than this one.

Keep it going and off the grass!

John B.

My problem with "Keep it going" is the other nine I have too, that is the reason I am looking to move this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would bring this back to the top and throw a price at it …

Any interest at $12,000, OBO of course?

That is negotiable of course, just thought I would put a starting point out there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Rivman said:

Thanks for the interest and advise, the car is on its way to its new home as of this evening.

319287660_IMG_4963(2).thumb.JPG.8aecd1205a13a6b77646fb013d2955d2.JPG

That’s one down, nine more to go … Stay tuned.

looks like a couple of SA's, a black last gen too.....

When will they be going up?

Might as well throw in the 65gs too,lol!!!!

D

8 hours ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Randall, Congrats on selling this lovely beast! Best of luck on the rest.

Thanks Mike, I’m not positive what else is going away just yet, well except for maybe a couple of them probably heading to Riviera heaven.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, misteroman said:

looks like a couple of SA's, a black last gen too.....

When will they be going up?

Might as well throw in the 65gs too,lol!!!!

D

I’m taking my time at this point, kind of one at a time.

As I said, I’m not sure what else is going away just yet, but the ’65 GS is pretty far down on the list.

• Haha 1