Ben.MG

36 dodge sedan headlights

I have a sealed beam headlight, but no bezel or internal fixture in the housing to hold the headlight. Anybody have a link or pictures of the headlights?

-Ben

Ben,  The original headlights on a 1936 Dodge were not sealed beam - they were reflector, bulb and lens.  There are sealed beam adapters  that were used to convert from bulb type to sealed beam.  If you are going to me original with your car, then you will need to locate the bulb type headlight parts.  Are you going to go with original or are you going to use the sealed beam conversions?  

I need to find a pair of original bulb/reflector/lens headlamps for my 36 sedan.  Someone started a sealed beam conversion but never finished it and I think they trashed all the original parts.  An original setup looks so much nicer than the sealed beam conversion but I hear that the sealed beams throw a lot more light.

IMG_0358.JPG

Try Don Axlerod as he was the headlight guru and I think he's still in business. I don't know if he has a website but google antique auto headlamps and something should come up. I may have some extra parts around here.

I got a complete set up if you would like to go original, the reflectors, springs and set clips, bulbs, two lens. I think the only thing you would need is to make a couple cork gaskets 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The original lenses are the face of the mid 30’s car. You owe it to yourselves and the car to represent it in it’s correct form! Those pieces are out there, they made thousands of ‘em. keiser31 has posted the factory drawings of the headlamps here too.

Edited by Steve9 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Uptowndodge said:

I got a complete set up if you would like to go original, the reflectors, springs and set clips, bulbs, two lens. I think the only thing you would need is to make a couple cork gaskets 

PM some pics of what you have to me and give me a price.  Thanks.

22 hours ago, Steve9 said:

The original lenses are the face of the mid 30’s car. You owe it to yourselves and the car to represent it in it’s correct form! Those pieces are out there, they made thousands of ‘em. keiser31 has posted the factory drawings of the headlamps here too.

Tell it like it is Steve!! I respect that.

• Like 1