MrEarl

ATTENTION Midwest City "Coming Together of Friends"

Posted (edited)

OK gang, never been to a National where there wasn't a get-together of forum members of some sort and can't let this be the first. The SouthernBelle and GroovinThe Argosy will be on display on the show field Saturday.  Rita and I would like to invite all forum members to drop by between 11:30 and 12:00 (this could change) for a little social time/meet and greet/friendly get-together or whatever you want to call it. We will be serving drinks (no koolaid), cheese, crackers and..... you guessed it SPAM. There will a drawing for   keepsake type door prizes at noon so if you'd like to bring some little something to contribute to that it would be great but NOT REQUIRED. Guns, politics and hard feelings will be left at the door. 

If you have a door prize to bring, post a picture here.

More later, I'm off to swap a leaking valve cover gasket out.....  for the third time.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I will donate these three items.  (not the clock in the background--it's not a Buick item). Now you just have to remind me to BRING them!

Pete Phillips

IMG_2900.JPG

• Like 3

Pete, if you put the loot in the 1932 right away, then we won’t need to remind you...or in your tow vehicle if that will be a safer ride for the glass.

This ad and book have been added to “the pile” of papers etc I need to bring.

8E1CD86A-65B1-4C6D-B773-1FBC85822204.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a bit concerned about the time...it might be a bit early for folks involved in judging.

Then again, it’s a smaller meet this year, so there shouldn’t be too many Buicks to judge, therefore we ought to be able to get off the field in time 😉

5 hours ago, Thriller said:

I’m a bit concerned about the time...it might be a bit early for folks involved in judging

would 1:00 to 1:30 be better. We will have to have time to run the trailer back to the camp site and get back before the banquet.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Pulled this out of the closet. 

3D562A85-86D0-4F2A-90B7-7FC4DAD153AC.thumb.jpeg.a84ba8862a10c361e8e27ab83085d8b7.jpeg

4AFEEFF7-E112-4400-B1C0-39DBDF31DEE0.thumb.jpeg.010a2c2de8a345074c27149c7901bb5d.jpeg

C0551DD7-B2C7-4AE3-ABD5-F2227124A38B.thumb.jpeg.1f07367b39f74408789727837d9f0a47.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Barrett said:

I am bringing my dad and his roadster to the meet. He’s BCA #99. Had this car since 1952. 

0294CC18-3D1B-4FA8-8DF8-9A2C1ACADE3C.jpeg

Will be watching for you folks. And the car.

Ben

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Roger,

It will be good to see you and your Dad again.  I will show you some pictures of the F.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

I can’t wait Lamar, it will be good to see you again

I can't wait to see EVERYONE,  it's been a long time, seven years in fact.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:47 AM, MrEarl said:

More later, I'm off to swap a leaking valve cover gasket out.....  for the third time.

and by the way, I "think" I got the valve cover gasket leak stopped.  First time just changed the gasket, second time tried straightening the cover and another gasket, third time bought a set of covers that were guaranteed not leaking when pulled, another new gasket,  careful to not over tighten and so far so good.  Tha's the way it's been with practically every task I've undertaken with prepping this car to tow and get us to OKC,  one step forward one step back, sometimes two.

Posted (edited)

Damn it Lamar - not enough time to post some VEGEMITE over for you all to enjoy.

Bet Willie will be upset.

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, 50jetback said:

Damn it Lamar - not enough time to post some VEGEMITE over for you all to enjoy.

Ahh, shucks! 

😆

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

and by the way, I "think" I got the valve cover gasket leak stopped.  First time just changed the gasket, second time tried straightening the cover and another gasket, third time bought a set of covers that were guaranteed not leaking when pulled, another new gasket,  careful to not over tighten and so far so good.  Tha's the way it's been with practically every task I've undertaken with prepping this car to tow and get us to OKC,  one step forward one step back, sometimes two.

Lamar,

Let me tell you about a 1915 Buick Truck and the challenges of the last two weeks.  I had the engine rebuilt last winter and only had 125 miles on that new rebuild of the engine. We had only went on one 85 mile tour and some around town driving on that new engine.

Then an oil line failure which puked 4 quarts of oil on the ground and that took out the rod bearings. I could not turn off the engine fast enough.  Fortunately only the rod bearings were hurt.

Off comes the pan, out comes the rods & pistons,  fixed the rods, put it all together and then started it up and now a wiring problem with a wire that shorted to ground. 

Hopefully I will get it sorted out so I can bring it to OKC. 

If not, the fall back plan is to bring the 1913 Model 31.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

and now a wiring problem with a wire that shorted to ground. 

ha ha, same here....after fixing the leaky valve cover I was wiping and cleaning all the oil off the starter heat shield and all the wires to the starter. Put too much pressure on the fusible links and one of them shorted out with sparks flying. Had just replaced them about 3 weeks prior so the second time was a charm. 

Car was scheduled to be at local shop the next morning so worked til midnight to getter done

100B25CE-4047-4A0C-BCB3-0B28EE02B396.thumb.jpeg.b6ba1fe8b6dbba9a9a2c6bc947f3fabf.jpeg

24DC4CB5-2ADE-44F0-885A-12EED2C5AE67.thumb.jpeg.0abe96b9661966a89bc9abfa803433c8.jpeg

"Sparks flying"??  Good heavens!!  Any "hurried exits" or "language" accompany that event?  Hopefully, the wheels on the creeper were well-lubed before that happened.

What OTHER stuff are you getting done at the last minute/second??

NTX5467

• Like 1

I took mine out for a test run and discovered I need to put moore R 12 in the AC if I want to stay cool.  That is scheduled for the morning.

changed the oil/greased the chassis and washed the car on saturday.

7 hours ago, NTX5467 said:

"Sparks flying"??  Good heavens!!  Any "hurried exits" or "language" accompany that event?  Hopefully, the wheels on the creeper were well-lubed before that happened.

What OTHER stuff are you getting done at the last minute/second??

NTX5467

Me and Jesus have had quite a few conversations lately, a couple I’m sure he didn’t appreciate. I think he’s just been testing me but I wish he’d let up now. For instance yesterday I turned on the newly reconditioned radio. Nothing. Off on, off on, AM to FM to AM, tape in, all nothing. I bypassed Jesus and went straight to God and he reminded me that when you have the phone plugged in to the auxiliary then you need something coming out of the phone. Turned on Apple Music and wahla, it worked, unplugged the phone and all radio systems working. Thanks God, tell Jesus not to be crossed at me for circumventing him, just when it comes to my music I can’t play around. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

No box/small suitcase full of tapes?  '79 was the first year for Delco factory cassette radios.  

Perhaps Mother Delco was trying to tell you something about "messing with things that you didn't fully understand"??  Upgrade the amps and speakers, too???  Subwoofer in the old spare tire compartment??  Where's Grisswold?

Miles of smiles,

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467
addition of "s" (see edit history)

When I bought the '46 Roadmaster conv., seller assured me that the brakes had just been done. On test drives around here last week, I thought the brakes were atrocious--would barely stop the car with all the pedal pressure I can muster. Decided to check the wheel cylinders yesterday afternoon. Took the front wheels and drums off (had to pull one off with a drum puller), brand new shoes, brand new brake hoses, ancient wheel cylinders with jellied brake fluid, sticky rubber caps, and plenty of rust--probably the original ones! Luckily, I had some NOS front wheel cylinders on the shelf. Got done last night about 9 pm., so a very late evening meal! Car should be in tip-top shape for the highway now. This one gets driven, not trailered to the show.

Pete Phillips

IMG_2890.JPG

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

and washed the car on saturday.

Oh crap,  you’re supposed to wash them, forgot about that. We were scheduled to leave today, Sunday. With the last three days of torrential rains I am just now getting to the cat scales to sort out the weight distribution. She handled well on the trip 30 mile trip up through hills and curves. If I can get the weight distribution tweaked I will try to wash her this evening.  And hit the road Monday morning sometime.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

wash her this evening.

Wash it after you get there...after you help me with mine.;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1