Stock 65 Buick Riviera radio

Jack Tietjen

I pulled the stock radio out of my 65, it's AM only. But, when I looked in the back there was an antenna plug that was split. One went to the radio and one said stereo and the last one I forgot what it said, but it looked like a plug in for a antenna. What am I looking at? Perhaps this is the wrong radio? Thanks.

Posting some photos would be helpful to answer your questions. Also you don't need to start a new thread for the same subject (radio) if you have additional questions or comments.

Just enter a response at the bottom of the thread window and click Submit Reply.

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jack, the 3 terminals are for Switched 12V/Speaker/Common (neg. ground). Unless you have an internal front/rear fader, that's all there is except for the antenna coaxial jack. Also, there's quite often no hook-up for the common because the radio cabinet is grounded. So, just 2-wires to the 3-contact connector.

As for the coaxial split, perhaps a previous owner added a splitter that happened to have stereo printed on it. The splitter would share the same antenna between the original radio and an after-market auto-sound.

I'm assuming no re-verb option with your ride.

John B.

43 minutes ago, XframeFX said:

Jack, I have some recent experience on Delco radios. If yours is not functioning, there's some interesting options out there.

I ended up repairing/modifying my '63 radio. So, I haven't tried these guys but I like what I see on their website!

http://www.tech-retro.com/Aurora_Design/Home.html

John B.

I have a RetroSound unit in my 64 but I agree if these guys can do an updated system in a stock housing that would be really cool.